Discuss Stolen tools in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

So how did they get in?...was it as below?...

There is a weak spot on the Vivaros/traffic/nissian thing, pop the surround off the door handles and you can get to the door locking mechanism ( like most vans unfortunately), my mate had his done 6 months ago and got some new door slam locks fitted they look factory finished and quite swish, they have a large plate on the inside to prevent a bashing screwdriver being punch through and levering of the outside plate. Sorry to hear about your loss.

Vauxhall Vivaro Slam Handle Kit - 2 Door Pack- Vauxhall- Slam Handle Kits- Garrison Locks

They look the business!!...

Unlucky mate. The people who do this truely are the scum of the earth they are stopping you earning a living and feeding your family. I think they should be branded THIEF across their forehead so eveybody knows what they are. I also think the *******s who buy the tools giving them a market are as low as the thieves themselves.
I had the back doors of my kubistar done twice within 2 monthes both times they busted the surround of the lock 1st time they didnt get in the 2nd time they did and got 2 battery drills and some hand tools (my own fault for not taking them out of the van) so now i have not replaced the lock surround and i clear the van of anything of value and leave it unlocked and you know what i have not had another problem since.
If you buy cheap throw away tools and it happens again you will not be so gutted
Keep your chin up

The fact that you left tools in your van was unfortunate, but don't blame the fact they got nicked by some women's hairy play-thing your fault bud!
Unlucky mate. The people who do this truely are the scum of the earth they are stopping you earning a living and feeding your family. I think they should be branded THIEF across their forehead so eveybody knows what they are. I also think the *******s who buy the tools giving them a market are as low as the thieves themselves.
I had the back doors of my kubistar done twice within 2 monthes both times they busted the surround of the lock 1st time they didnt get in the 2nd time they did and got 2 battery drills and some hand tools (my own fault for not taking them out of the van) so now i have not replaced the lock surround and i clear the van of anything of value and leave it unlocked and you know what i have not had another problem since.
If you buy cheap throw away tools and it happens again you will not be so gutted
Keep your chin up

just bought those slam handle locks £300 odd but hopefully will make them think twice about trying. they are obviously just looking for easy vans to break into so with those bad boys they might atleast think twice. going to get a van vault as well so even if they make it in they cant get eff all. id almost theyd put a gun to my head and made me open the doors than eff up all the handle and surround as now cant put anything in the back. i used to think 'oh thatll never happen to me' or 'i live in a nice part of town' but it just takes one set of scum bags to ruin what was looking a good year so far. just had to spend over a grand replacing my drills and hand tools. still got to get a tester and have the sign writing repaired where they ripped the handles off.

just a big thank you to everyone on here for your support. anyone with a vivaro/trafic/primestar id definitely recommend getting something extra security wise as they ease they broke in was shocking. or buy a transit as they didnt touch them!

thanks guys!

Slam locks are the way to go. I got done outside a job a while back, I was only gone 15 mins and the b's popped the lock on my side door (o/s). I had slam locks fitted ,and although they did manage to pop my other locks since then, they never got in. the company that fitted them came to me in a mobile workshop and job was done in about 2 hours and cost about £350. Since then got a new van and had them fitted as extras. A word of warning, do not leave your keys inside back of van and close doors, I did this and had to get cab home to get spare key.:blush5:

thanks for the support. i was in a vivaro. another sparks was in a vivaro that got done and a mate of mine in a new berlingo got done at well. there was 4 transits next to us and they didnt touch them at all. saw the whole thing afterwards on cctv. got a vehicle reg and police are pursuing but to what extent i dont know!
vehicle they used will have been pinched....or the reg plate wasn`t real....
i know this isn`t much help...but my sympathies go out to you mate....and the best of luck getting it back....
as has already been said: bootsales in the area....as their a sure bet for folk movin stuff on...

There is a weak spot on the Vivaros/traffic/nissian thing, pop the surround off the door handles and you can get to the door locking mechanism ( like most vans unfortunately), my mate had his done 6 months ago and got some new door slam locks fitted they look factory finished and quite swish, they have a large plate on the inside to prevent a bashing screwdriver being punch through and levering of the outside plate. Sorry to hear about your loss.

Vauxhall Vivaro Slam Handle Kit - 2 Door Pack- Vauxhall- Slam Handle Kits- Garrison Locks

Are these the best way to go. Does anyone rate the armourshell locks

As a side note, pikey's use transits, they were probably sitting in one waiting for you to park, they need a vehicle to load the stuff into, transits fit the bill.

Reply to Stolen tools in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net