Discuss Street lighting in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Got a street light that keeps blowing the fuse in the cut out.
Single core cable with sheath connected, have disconnected the feed to the lamp and it still pops the fuse.
Any ideas they are the old concrete post type.

The fuse in the column blows? What is still connected to it if not the lamp? Is there a loop out of the fuse to another column?

The right questions are already above.
To start with where is the fuse that blows, within the column or at the supply elsewhere?
I'm familiar with the concrete post types, have about 10 of them on a site I look after.
A photo of the column innards would help a lot too, for example is there a Lucy/Tamlite connection unit in it....
Is it a split-con cable feeding it?

Reply to Street lighting in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

My house was built in the 1930s, The fuse in my service cut out is 60Amp and the wire coming from the street has a 16mm2 copper core(easy to see...
Replies
Views
I have a street light circuit on land I rent out. I need to replace 2 of the bulbs. 1 of them is an old Philips 55W SOX Plus, the other is a...
Replies
Views
After conducting a recent EICR I found among other things that the Galvanised columns in the carpark area of this premises seem to be connected...
Replies
Views
I have been asked to change cu from old fuse board which has 6 fuses. Only 4 fuses are used. The first fuse feeds cooker circuit. This is not used...
Replies
Views
I’m not working on this… not yet anyway, but can someone tell me why there’s a fuse or a link on the earth here? The green wire is bonded to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock