Discuss Such a thing as a terminal block splitter? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

auric

Amateur question here (and I may have picked the incorrect subforum too)

I want to attach a single common ground to 12 separate buttons, with individual wires rather than daisy-chaining them. I'm wondering what the best tool for this would be. In my mind I have pictured a terminal block, but rather than each segment being separate they are all interconnected (so you connect 1 wire in from the one side, and 12 out from the other). But I don't think such a thing exists, so what would be the nearest thing I'm looking for?

Also if anyone sees me misusing the jargon please correct me. :)

If you use din rail mounted terminals you can common them together using a cross connector strip that goes across the center of them. Link

What exactly are you trying to do and why can't you just daisychain them?

various ways ... as above or buy a earth terminal bar for a fuse board, push fit connectors or expanding on Marvo's choice just fit Din-rail mounted earth connectors to a din-rail and they are all commoned together through the Din-rail no need to link them... each option has its pro's and cons so need more info?

If you use din rail mounted terminals you can common them together using a cross connector strip that goes across the center of them. Link

What exactly are you trying to do and why can't you just daisychain them?

Thanks.

What does "tier" mean in "3-tier terminal block"?

Why don't I daisy-chain? I did. Look at this mess.

That white stuff is blu-tac, btw.

The PCB recently developed faults, finally incentivising me to pull out one I had in a drawer for over a year. This PCB cost me £50, and I want to do a proper, tidy job of it. I could solder all the wires directly to the board but I'd rather have a means of decoupling the wires. And I believe that having individual ground wires will be tidier, allowing me to remove a button without yanking anything else.

I have a feeling i'm oblivious to a lot of the 'little things', products that would make things more efficient and/or tidy. There seems to be a million-and-one things I could buy though and I don't want to buy the wrong tool for the job.

Lol, I'm just putting two and two together, does this have something to do with the crimper thread you've got running?

Go to the nearest branch of RS Components and get a free catalogue then browse through all the many options available to you :)

Reply to Such a thing as a terminal block splitter? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net