Discuss Sunny Boy 1200 stuck in stop mode ..! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bob2041

Hi..!

I was wondering if anyone on here has come across this before..... I Just put in a sunny boy 1200 today and it was working fine green led on all day for only 6 hrs exactly ,,says it on the lid display and then it turned off at exactly 6:01pm with the green led blinking saying grid monitoring and then it was saying stop blinking fast green like 10 times then went back to saying grid monitoring and has been doing that till it ran out of daylight and turned off. At 6.01pm it read Upv: 206-volts or 215-volts at 7.41pm . I Dont know what the start up voltage is set at on this but it must be higher then 220-volts cos at 220 it would not connect to grid or maybe im missing something. The instrucion manual says only on page-13 green led blinking rapidly in "'stop'' mode. then it was in waiting mode .. but its been waiting forever 2 hours..! It has grid gaurd IES032 settings on it from germany. I dont think banging on the lid will bring me any options to get it out of stop mode ...any ideas...:rolleyes2:...???

Weather here was rubbish and half dark at 18:00

Maybe it has just shut down....try tomorrow with clear head and brighter conditions???

I thought that but there was 206-215 Dc volts from pv going into it , it says pv start voltage on the back of the manual is 120-volts, it says it is adjustable but how i dont know how to do ? if i could set it to 120-volts it would stay on longer right..?:rolleyes2:

The last time I did a 1200 I used a blue tooth device and dongle in the laptop.

I also had to apply for a grid guard code from Germany.

See how it goes in the AM, possibly the current was too low, usually these are pretty much set up plug and play!

It has grid gaurd IES032 settings on it from germany. I dont think banging on the lid will bring me any options to get it out of stop mode ...any ideas...:rolleyes2:...???
are you the installer or the owner?

it looks like it's got the wrong grid settings, it should be set to G83, which could have resulted in a grid over voltage situation for the settings it was set to.

if it happens again, check what the grid voltage is, and either way you need to get the installer back, with a grid guard code to change the country settings (from what you're saying).

I thought it was plug and play as u said it was made for rep.ireland not northern ireland so has BS-EN50438 settings on it. But sma call it IES032 grid guard setting. Ok...thanks anyway.. ! I will ring sma germany tomorrow and find out why the start up voltage is so low.. ?

I checked the ac grid when it turned off at 6:01pm on the radial curcuits with a plug in meter it was 234.1-235.4 ac. They were the dc input voltages from reading the front of the sunny boy 1200's lcd panel on the lid . It said upv-206 then at 7.41pm said 215 volts.

The inverter is on its own curcuit back to the fuse board on 20amp mcb. , well i couldnt wait for electrician to put on the 16amp mcb so i went with the 20amp mcb which was already there in the shed for now. Hope to get the 16amp mcb on in the next few days.

It say in the sunny boy 1200 manual 30m max lenght in 2.5mm2 which i have 23m running on the garden wall from a small shed to another shed just outside the back of the house which has 3.5mm2 armoured cable which i ran back to the domestic fuse board. The 2nd shed has 1 light and 2 sockets feeding off it , no appliacences plug in yet. Then the 3.5 cable back to its own 20amp mcb in the main board. will change it to 16amp in the shed at the weekend. Ok it all adds up to about 60m in all but it was making 1070watts today i thought the 3.5 cable would rectify this.

Hmmm, I think your installer needs to do some research.
Cable losses should be down to 1%, inverter needs to be set to country settings.

Sorry, but these systems are not just plug and play, they are/can be very complex,

I know there is plug thing in the inverter like a dip switch to change the start up voltage .. i dont really want to open it to be honest .. i,ll wait till tomorrow and give germany a call.

I don't think Germany will come and re wire your sheds for you, they may tell your installer how to change the country settings though.

Best you turn it off and let the installer sort it, if you get it wrong, this stuff really bites.

We do not want to hear of a cutomer ending up in hospital or worse because they had been messing with a PV system.

Reply to Sunny Boy 1200 stuck in stop mode ..! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net