Discuss System Impedance in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi Guys found this in a Ariston 9.5kw Water heater instructions quote ''The product should be connected only to a supply with the relevant system impedance no more than 0.237 ohm. Restrictions to connection may be imposed by the supply authority on the use of equipment in the actual relevant system impedance at the interface point on the user's premise exceeds 0.237 ohm. '' Open to takers!

I would interpret that as max loop impedance from live to N

Possibly that they have calculated that any more than that can cause volt drop and poor power quality when the heater cycles on and off?

Possibly that they have calculated that any more than that can cause volt drop and poor power quality when the heater cycles on and off?
How many situations could you find a line impedance low enough in the first place. How many have been fitted regardless ? Unless like you say the line impedance of the length of cable from the C/Unit to the heater.

Honestly, I have no idea, it was kind of an educated guess

Reply to System Impedance in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Two related questions in 1, if anyone is up for helping! (i) When electricians install supplies, is there anything in the regs that says how many...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a regular client who has asked for a battery back up system to be installed at their home. They live in a rural location on a...
Replies
Views
I have worked in the electrical contracting industry all of my life since leaving school over 50 years ago. I started my own electrical...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, First of all I wanna say I'm not an electrician, so my knowledge is extremely limited, so sorry in advance if I say something stupid… :p...
Replies
Views
Background is we are selling our house and moving out of state. I've been fixing big and little things and painting for several months now, as...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock