Discuss Teaser... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

This is one of those multiple answer ones that does the rounds and depends on your angle of attack... within the actual pic itself 16 would be the answer but as I worded it 'In the above, how many squares do you see' this can also be taken as everthing above.

Its normal for the mind to focus on the picture as its the main part of the post but the answer could be argued to be 27 or 28 again depending if you look at the whole including written parts.

16- withing picture
3- full-stops (which in the font style are clearly squares)
8- in the sentence (various)
1- finally the word 'squares'

Ill accept then 16 or 28 ;)

Noted viewers on phones may have difficulty seeing the shape of the small decimals but I did increase the font to help out.

The '8- in the sentence (various)'; please explain ... if dots on 'i', they come to 3, which are not square. Full stops, 1, dots under '?', 2, and dots of colon, 2. That comes to 8, including the 'full-stops'. Surely, discounting the 'i' dots, that makes 22 and not 28?

Read post 15 ... if your just doing matches then the last one is a 3 x 3 bottom left -thats the one that gets missed alot.

I got first 11, missing the 4 quadrant '2 x 2' squares and the '3 x 3', then 15 and finally needed the above to get 16!

Last edited:
The '8- in the sentence (various)'; please explain ... if dots on 'i', they come to 3, which are not square. Full stops, 1, dots under '?', 2, and dots of colon, 2. That comes to 8, including the 'full-stops'. Surely, discounting the 'i' dots, that makes 22 and not 28?

8 in the wording..

3 in the 'i's
2 in the '?'s
1 x full stop
2 at the end smiley face.

The font that was chosen uses true squares for the dots...

Read post 15 ... if your just doing matches then the last one is a 3 x 3 bottom left -thats the one that gets missed alot.

Of course,it was plain as day,that is after you had pointed it out
icon11.png

The font that was chosen uses true squares for the dots...

... not on the 'i' it doesn't, and you still haven't explained the 8 in the sentence + 3 full-stops ... these are double counted, aren't they?

Excuse me while I eat a HUGE slice of humble pie ... ! Despite my own frequent use of it ... I missed the ellipsis at the start ... Doh! However, I maintain that you can't count the dots 'before' t'eyes, it is therefore 25 in total!

Last edited:

Reply to Teaser... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net