Discuss Teat leads megger 1552 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

APE37

-
Reaction score
Hi Guys, just looking for a bit of advise. I am booked up to go on 2391-52 soon, and was looking at using my own tester, Megger1552. It is all calibrated from last month, but was wondering with my leads they are unfused. Would it be a wise idea to spend a bit and get fused ones? Or will the centre accept the ones I originally have that are unfused? I believe that the tester has built in fuse in the tester, so think that they are ok to use. But just wondering if it would be best seeing as I want to use my tester if possible on the course. Thanks for. any help.👍🏻

Unless I'm much mistaken (it's possible), there is no requirement for your test leads to be fused. I used my own MFT for my 2394/2395 and those leads weren't fused, fresh from the factory they were.

The reality is fuses will only really save you from incidents involving current measurement, which your MFT can't do.

Hope that helps.

Unless I'm much mistaken (it's possible), there is no requirement for your test leads to be fused. I used my own MFT for my 2394/2395 and those leads weren't fused, fresh from the factory they were.

The reality is fuses will only really save you from incidents involving current measurement, which your MFT can't do.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the response SparkyChick. May just be overthinking things, just going through revision for GS38 and noticed it saying fused test leads, and just thought that the centre would be maybe a stickler for the "rules" as such. Just would like to make sure I can use my tester so I don't waste time getting used to another tester if that makes sense. Thanks for your input. 👍🏻

Reply to Teat leads megger 1552 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net