JIB Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) techinican jib card enquiry

Discuss techinican jib card enquiry in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

yeah, that was my question as well. he said something about it being a jib site and that they would have to pay him technician rates or get into bother with the jib.

What are the JIB rates these days?
If i remember, an Electrician = £12.00, Approved Electrician = £14.00 and Technician = £16.00 or there abouts
Not worth the bother joining up

just had a quick look on the jib website:

technician: £15.38 or £16.16 (own transport)

approved: £13.59 or £14.35

electrician: £12.45 or £13.23

i believe these rates have been in place since january 2010. it baffles me as to why the jib are happy to grade their operatives at a rate below the rates that are available on a lot of sites.

Greetings all. Got jib site technician. A while back I was told by an approved spark that because I was a technician I had no right showing the firms apprentice how to carry out/ benefits of safe isolation. Apparently only electricians can teach this.! I kid you not..

Well given the fact that a 'site technician' card has the holders main occupation written above it, i.e. Installation Electrician, then I wonder why he said such a thing!

Greetings all. Got jib site technician. A while back I was told by an approved spark that because I was a technician I had no right showing the firms apprentice how to carry out/ benefits of safe isolation. Apparently only electricians can teach this.! I kid you not..
Haha, that doesn't even make sense - what a bell.

You shoulda backhanded him and made him your bitch

i see it like this if they want a electrician for i,e £12 hr for a 2 mouth contact and they are a jib company

you are applying for a electrician poistion nt tech so why should they have you pay you the tech rate, if they only want a electriciian position

I guess it depends what they want I suppose. Most techs are highly skilled individuals in many key electrical areas. Most (not all) electricians are generally installers only. Getting a site technician card is not easy, lets face it most people struggle just getting a card. Techs are also defined as being at level 4 Master Craftsman.

Reply to techinican jib card enquiry in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net