Discuss Tell us about your faults! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

I've never heard anything about proteus...although I've only ever come across two...ones in my own house. Is it that bad?? I remember I had to go on a major hunt to get a replacement MCB.

Kate, try this LINK

(Viewer discretion advised, you may see things that frighten and cause you professional stress)

And for those afflicted with the rubbish above, there is a foundation to support you HERE

(Note, the above is a joke and in no way meant to mock those with a very unpleasant genetic defect that I would not wish on my worst enemy)

red tape means live

Been to look at this extension being built on the side of old house, house has the service cable overhead from next door,now the service cable is just hanging ,builders working around it. Looked in fuse box red tape on wire is live

Attachments

• IMAG0043.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 178
  • IMAG0044.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 176
  • IMAG0045.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 168
Well i'll give the builders their due here, they have used decent sized joists in the construction!! lol!!

If you take this job on, see if the overhead supply has been PME'd!! It looks as if it has been PME'd, but no sign of the usual DNO PME sticker, so maybe a DIY arrangement!! lol!!

Called out to a fault on gflr sockets keeped tripping rcd
Previous electrician !! Installed a surface mounted plastic socket outside obviously couldn't get a proper one so mounted it inside a ice cream tub screwed to the wall
It even had the Lyons maid label still on it
Wish I took a picture now

Came across this today, spot the fault.

View attachment 18939

Faults:

1. Live side of main switch appears connected to the Non-RCD Neutral bar
  2. Non-RCD Neutral incomer appears connected to the outgoing bar feeding the "live side" of the MCB's giving reversed polarity
  3. 32A Non-RCD MCB with what appears to be a 6mm² core as the feed core is in the wrong location on the bus bar, should be installed BEFORE the lower rated circuits. (Should this not be on the RCD side??)
  4. Incorrect sleeving used on come cpc cores (at least they are sleeved in something that cannot be confused with a L or N conductor though!)
  5. Solid Core CPS's (also likely neutrals) on some circuits are appear twisted together

The worst one is clearly the very dangerous reversed polarity...

Anybody can they decide on this been to an installation in a caravan, they complain of a meter reading turn of all circuits from DB undo meter cover and see the meter still turns baffling I know, so upon closer inspection I see signs of an overload on live and neutral cables black,bubbling marks, etc do you think this could cause the meter to give a faulty reading due to increased resistance.?

Reply to Tell us about your faults! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net