Search the forum,

Discuss Temporary construction Site PV SYstem in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Markc

-
Reaction score
Hi All

Had an interesting conversation yesterday from one of the national house builders we are working with.

Their question related to the possibility of a PV array fitted to the temporary site cabins for the 6 year duration of the site. They are trying to achieve 0% carbon sites. After this the cabins would be relocated to a second site where the array could then be refitted, possibly for a further 6-10 years. This is not saying the array could't still be used further from site to site. We are possibly looking at a 3 - 4Kwp system.

They have raised some good questions which some I can not answer with out seeking further advice. Has anyone here had any experience of this? I don't know the possibility or registering the system with DNO for it then to be removed in six years time. What effect this would have on any possible FITs.

Your thoughts are welcomed.

Last edited:
The FIT's are registered to the household not to the client. If the client wishes to move the panels then he/she cannot transfer the FIT's to the new place. As well as this the client can then not re register to start receiving new FIT's as in order to claim the FIT's the products need to be new. The minute the client takes the modules off the roof they are then classed as second hand and no longer eligible to claim the FIT.

hope this makes sense

Reply to Temporary construction Site PV SYstem in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi there, Just about to move into a house with 2 small kids and the wiring/electrics haven't been updated in years (hard to know as it's probate)...
Replies
Views
Like a host of UK residents recently (230% increase in genny sales apparently), I've just invested in a small (3500W) portable, dual fuel...
Replies
Views
Hi all. We have had 7x 400w solar panels for a number of years now on our roof which is se/nw facing end terrace. 4 on se side 3 on nw side...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have a quick question if I may? I'm thinking of adding a second PV system to my existing rooftop PV & battery setup. As the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've got both a solar pv and an ashp system. The solar system also has 2 batteries and it's configured to fill the batteries first and then...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock