Discuss Tendering for Public/Private Sector PV jobs via a builder in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

MorgansElec

Hi,

I'm just wndering how PV installers are dealing with PV jobs that are tendered via a builder. E.g. Local Authority project at a school, builder commissioned and he then sources different trades including PV installer. The commercial contract will be with the builder but under MCS rules, installers have to have a contract directly with the end user. I'm struggling to see how this can work in reality. The builder controls the whole project. Does anyone have any experience of this? How are you managing the contract side of things?

Grateful for any adice you can offer, thanks.

My experience of this goes...

Builder sub-contracts M&E services (Mechanical and Electrical) to a large form of electricians or plumbers.
The M&E contractor subs out the MCS renewables

The entire supply chain relies upon construction industry practices which involve buying lowest cost, paying no deposit, paying late as a matter of principle, requiring you to be subscribed to HMRC advance tax nonsense, withholding tax on behalf of HMRC and only paying the balance 12months down the line if they are still trading.

In my opinion its poor work and should be left to the ÂŁ2.80 per watt buys who want to be busy fools. Steer clear or prepare to be shafted!

Reply to Tendering for Public/Private Sector PV jobs via a builder in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views
Hi all I had my PV/Battery setup installed in May and since then all my excess PV is just fed back to the grid for free. When I initially tried...
Replies
Views
Working on a full rewire at the moment that's been dragging on for some time now. I got the job through a builder I know and it's the second job...
Replies
Views
Renewable energy startup is seeking a Technical Co-Founder to help create a company that is both socially and financially rewarding. The...
Replies
Views
I'm sure this isn't the first time this has happened, but I've never encountered it before. The situation is a house extension partially built...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock