Discuss test certification in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

ambrad

Hi All
I am carrying out work for a company and currently fill in my test certs by hand. The company have asked me to give them test certs that are computer generated. My tester is a megger 1720 so it hasnt got blue tooth. Is there software that allows me to use my tester but still fill in a test cert that can be sent to the company as a pdf. Just for your info i am a member of the niceic. (i think the companies reason is that the test certs are neater and more proffesional)

Thanks

NICEIC do a version of there certs for the Ipad (unsure for other tablets) but last time I used it, it was buggy as hell so we now just write the certs by hand then transfer them onto a PC version of the software later.

There are plenty of different versions of software available. Megger powersuite, amtech etc. just depends what you want to spend.

Hi All
I am carrying out work for a company and currently fill in my test certs by hand. The company have asked me to give them test certs that are computer generated. My tester is a megger 1720 so it hasnt got blue tooth. Is there software that allows me to use my tester but still fill in a test cert that can be sent to the company as a pdf. Just for your info i am a member of the niceic. (i think the companies reason is that the test certs are neater and more proffesional)

Thanks
We have a software product called FastTest which will do this for you. Although it does not download directly from your Megger it is easy to use and will do everything you need. Also it comes with a free App for iPads which is perfect for on site. Very quick to produce certificates.
More information here - FastTest for iPad and iPad Mini :: Amtech :: Software for the Building Services Industry
Video here - Amtech FastTest for iPad Video - YouTube

App is free, to export your electrical certificates you will need to choose an in app purchase subscription

3 months £18.99
6 months £29.99
12 months £49.99

Electrical Certificates on iPhone & iPad

The other good thing is that he always responds to queries/feedback etc if you contact him on his Facebook page. As in my previous post you can usually pick up deals on iTunes vouchers from various places if you look around. The last one's I bought were from Asda Direct who were doing £25 vouchers for £20.

I've no connection with iCertifi just find it a decent app which is regularly improved & updated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just scribble the info on a photo copy cert, then when I get home, I sit with a brew and using PDF editor, I transfer my scribbles to the cert.....I even sign them electronically....looks nice and neat and didnt cost a bean...got the certs from Elecsa website.

I just scribble the info on a photo copy cert, then when I get home, I sit with a brew and using PDF editor, I transfer my scribbles to the cert.....I even sign them electronically....looks nice and neat and didnt cost a bean...got the certs from Elecsa website.

Here have a look at this I made up if you need it tweaked get back to me yep technology sounds good until it fails

View attachment quick checkrev2.pdf

i just scribble the info on a photo copy cert, then when i get home, i sit with a brew and using pdf editor, i transfer my scribbles to the cert.....i even sign them electronically....looks nice and neat and didnt cost a bean...got the certs from elecsa website.

how do you sign electronically. Been trying to figure it out for ages. only way i can think of is to scan my sig. then file as signature. then in the cert copy and paste. any better way?

how do you sign electronically. Been trying to figure it out for ages. only way i can think of is to scan my sig. then file as signature. then in the cert copy and paste. any better way?

I scanned my sig, then saved it in my pics....then on the pdf editor, you have an option to "sign", "add text" etc....you must add your sig to the"sign" part though. It doesnt work on the newer version of pdf, I had to download the last version, Adobe X. Then press the "sign" tab and youll see your sig move with your mouse....put it were you want it, then you can make it bigger or smaller if you want.

Last edited:
what's a pdf editor?

Ha Ha, its for opening PDF files......I use Adobe X.....thats the only version I know that will let you sign and add text to any pdf file you have.....its not a software as such...it doesnt have drop box's etc....but it looks neat and the certs are from Elecsa in PDF format...the only pain is I have to change my text format to "Webdings" when I want to put a tick any were..lol You just press "a" and it looks like a tick...

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 10.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe"

Not sure if it will work like this but you can download it free from the net.

I have the megger 1730 with Bluetooth but you would probably never use it I don't lol I do it by hand because you have to write down the circuit description etc anyway and all the megger does is store the test readings. I use the Megger Powersuite software which is ok but I'm looking forward to the Niceic new system. easycert seems ok from a few tries on it but there's loads out there

Reply to test certification in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net