Discuss The most boaring job going?? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

scotsparky

-
Arms
Reaction score
O k i will start. Got some remedials afer a PIR and the tonight during nightshift i have to put in 1200 20mm Blind Grommits into sockets. Who else has had mind numbing jobs?

Re: Th most boaring job going??

O k i will start. Got some remedials afer a PIR and the tonight during nightshift i have to put in 1200 20mm Blind Grommits into sockets. Who else has had mind numbing jobs?

Done a commercial refit, I got lumbered with fitting out floor boxes and relamping. I had to cut out the floor tiles and install 300 floor boxes and relamp 600 4ft flouros. I've never stripped so much swa!!! And to make it worse, I didn't even get a look in on any of the scrap. Never again will I work for a mate of a mate...

PAT Testing - Mind numbing especially in offices crawling round unplugging god knows what from inaccessible sockets - Hate it !

I was thinking of doing the C&G PAT qual due to popular request, is it worth it?
To stick to the thread, terminating data cabling in racks gets my goat

Last edited:

i dont know which are worse the ball ache jobs or the boring ones. oh yeh that`s right a ball ache boring :D
pat testing really numbs me, also i hate doing pendants it gives my a sore neck :)

Doing a PIR and knowing full well all the crappy jobs and faults your finding will be down to you to fix, which are inevitably boring . Other than that adding single sockets/lights etc in domestic premises, mind numbing stuff thats no challenge :D

Last edited by a moderator:

PAT testing 5000 items in a room with no windows brain dead work
That hurt just reading it fella!!! When did they release you from the looney bin? I'd have ended up as a window licking dribbling spastic half way though that lot. LOL. I'll tell you what fella, you're an immortal now amongst us mere mortals. Did you do it all on your own or bring in help? Also if you done that on your lonesome; then how long did it take you? I bet your missus hated you whilst you were on that job....

That hurt just reading it fella!!! When did they release you from the looney bin? I'd have ended up as a window licking dribbling spastic half way though that lot. LOL. I'll tell you what fella, you're an immortal now amongst us mere mortals. Did you do it all on your own or bring in help? Also if you done that on your lonesome; then how long did it take you? I bet your missus hated you whilst you were on that job....

After 4999 i still couldnt tell you what day it was ,PC's monitors,IEC leads , kettle jar of coffee didnt stop talking to myself for a month after, all on my tod first job when i started on my own lol ,wife thought i was having an affair with a girl called pat , it took 4 weeks 7 hours a day , at least they were all in the same big room still have night mares but the therapy helps

After 4999 i still couldnt tell you what day it was ,PC's monitors,IEC leads , kettle jar of coffee didnt stop talking to myself for a month after

Lol, I hope you win the ******* lottery after that lot mate.

Making up LV downlight's. I hate it! Espescially the Robus range where you have too unscrew the cordgrip, extend the transformer cable and terminate and then put the bulb in.

Some of your job's sound alot worse though lol

After 4999 i still couldnt tell you what day it was ,PC's monitors,IEC leads , kettle jar of coffee didnt stop talking to myself for a month after, all on my tod first job when i started on my own lol ,wife thought i was having an affair with a girl called pat , it took 4 weeks 7 hours a day , at least they were all in the same big room still have night mares but the therapy helps

Ah well its a year until you have to do it all again:cool:

Reply to The most boaring job going?? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net