Currently reading:
The No Bonding / No Work rule......who obeys?

Discuss The No Bonding / No Work rule......who obeys? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

LlandrilloSpark

Evening Fella's

As the title says, how many of us do a small Alteration or Addition if its quite clear there is no Main Protective Bonding in place?

A real close friend of mine asked me to install an extra socket in the kitchen & a FCU for a new extractor, I was going to give him a MWC for it, but I dont fancy putting my name to it, when I went to test for ze prior to starting the job, It was quite clear there is no bonding to Gas or Water, 100A main fuse, 10mm single insulated tails, 6mm Main Earth & No RCD, That said a ze of 0.16 and zs on the ring of 0.41.

Its a pocket money job for me, its a favour for him, but to put the above right would cost probably over £250+

Leaflets are also great when it comes to accessories in a bathroom.
Me - "No, I'm afraid you can't have that swanky new wall light you just spent £200 on directly under your shower"
Customer - "It's my house, I can do what I like"
Me - "But I'm afraid I can't fit it for you. Although it says 'Bathroom light', that doesn't mean it can go under a shower"
Customer - "But I want it"
Me - "Look, here's a picture of a bathroom showing you what can go where"
Customer - "Oh, now I see. You should have just said that I can't have that fitting there then"

And B&Q saying suitable for a bathroom , then in brackets "outside zones" does not help.

Just fit a clamp and a short length of cable, then tuck the end behind something. At any point in the future you just hold the end of the cable and say the magic words "bloody plumbers" whilst shaking your head, "it was all right"!

Reply to The No Bonding / No Work rule......who obeys? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back