Search the forum,

Discuss THE Quit Smoking Thread in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

You only stop because you believe that it would be to your advantage (expand in all directions to suit your predicament). If for some reason it is not, then don't stop....
I can only debate this one on a subjective level.

3rd day off the smokes today for me.

Since George O bunged 37p on a packet, i havn't bought any, screw him & his decision to penalise normal folk for other peoples failings.

I quit when our youngest son was born premature (30 weeks) with under developed lungs, that was ten years ago, after being on 80 a day!

I know a lot of people who have tried repeatedly to stop but they can't. I smoked for years and one day I was just fed up and I never smoked again. I think you have to be in the right frame of mind. Most of the time when people set a day when they are going to start they're not ready to really give it a go.

Smoking is not a good habit. You should quit it immediately if you want to live your life properly and healthy for long period of time. Otherwise you will die very soon.

Smoking is not a good habit. You should quit it immediately if you want to live your life properly and healthy for long period of time. Otherwise you will die very soon.

Cheers mate,just what I wanted to hear

I have been smoking over 50 years and will definitely make sure I take on board what you say

Up till now,it has caused me to not lose any of my hair,defintely no grey either
Made me still have the fitness and dexterity to jump up and down attics regularly
Never in my life use the taxes I have contributed to the Health service for my own use other than a broken ankle recently (smoking must have defintely caused that one)
Caused me ever to be in trouble with the law and finally become poverty stricken because of the waste of my own money

Just wish I read your conclusions before I ever started

Good to see the smoking lobby has been mobilized ....

There's a lot worse than smoking the occasional spliff, or was that a cigarette ? I don't know anymore since I'm sailing away with fairies in my greenhouse. :rockon2::rockon2:

Advantages: Not much, except the bird to those are fanatical about you stopping and are determined to make you suffer to not bending to their will.

Disadvantages: It makes your clothes and furnishings stink ....:sifone:

ASH is a 'fake charity' whose principal funding source is the UK taxpayer.

We're paying tax to fund a 'charity' that lobbies government to raise taxes.
Sadly, they are not the only one.

In the words of ozzy Osbourne in regards to ciggarettes:
"That sh*t will kill you quicker than crack"
Never a truer word said.

I've smoked on and off for years, but have always seen it as a problem and never given up giving up.
I've never understood people who criticise anti smoking enforcement. Even while being a smoker I welcomed the smoking in pubs ban, welcomed the upping of the age limit to 18, welcome the restriction on displaying tobaco products and to be honest would welcome an all out ban on the sale of tobacco products if it were possibble.

Why are people so determined to exercise and fight for, their right to smoke. Its completely pointless and doesn't benefit you in any way.
At least getting pi**ed is fun.

I bet half these people are the same people moaning about how bad it is that people are willing to risk their lives doing DIY electrical work and should be stopped at all costs.

It will all pass away, just like the extra tax on Gin or the reduction of light into your house in the C18 , prohibition in the 20's America, or the future legislation, (when somebody realizes the damage it does to peoples lives) that will put an end to gambling in this country.

I've smoked on and off for years, but have always seen it as a problem and never given up giving up.
I've never understood people who criticise anti smoking enforcement. Even while being a smoker I welcomed the smoking in pubs ban, welcomed the upping of the age limit to 18, welcome the restriction on displaying tobaco products and to be honest would welcome an all out ban on the sale of tobacco products if it were possibble.

At least getting pi**ed is fun. This is never in dispute! :)

I bet half these people are the same people moaning about how bad it is that people are willing to risk their lives doing DIY electrical work and should be stopped at all costs.

I basically agree with what you're saying there, you shouldn't smoke in the presence of children especially.
What urinates me off about it is their self righteous attitude, once they've eliminated smoking, who'll be next, the obese chip munching lot or climbers etc (have a look at Daily Mail online...quality hyperbole there!)
We're just easy targets, like most motoring offences are for our glorious Police force.
If I want to kill myself slowly, that's my business, so they can all go and........

Now where's that bottle of Peroni? :)

Reply to THE Quit Smoking Thread in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back