Discuss Throw that switch there!!! ... Yes that on DOH!!!!!!!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Darkwood

Staff member
Mod
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
[video]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b87_1459097394[/video]

Makes me cringe that he tries extinguishing the remaining fire with handfulls of snow... :38:

Good to see they had safety gear on. carnt be sure but think the other chap who seemed to run away either rung someone or turned the power off.
As for the snow OMG dont they have training? If the power had turned its self off it usually resets a couple of minute later if it had not and burned itself out he was very lucky.

I'm not familiar with this gear but assume he was turning it off and as the switching was too slow it pulled an arc across and kept the circuit closed through the ionised air path, Im sure we have a few members who may recognise what exactly happened here but I far as I know you usually have racking equipment to prevent this from happening - looks like he just flicked a switch, I suspect this isn't that uncommon as he was ready with the filming.

[video]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b87_1459097394[/video]

Makes me cringe that he tries extinguishing the remaining fire with handfulls of snow... :38:

Ochin horasho, nyet problem, why you worry pass the wodka dasvidanya tovaritch

Unbelievable.....idiot has got a deathwish, why throw snow in there? It's not like the minor smoldering at the end is going to make the blindest bit of difference after an arc fault that was minutes in duration.

Reply to Throw that switch there!!! ... Yes that on DOH!!!!!!!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone :) my first post here. Quick background I'm a newly qualified installer of somewhat advanced years whose just starting out in the...
Replies
Views
Hello. Had an issue a few months ago with a double electrical socket. One of the switches was stiff and sticking most of the time. I contacted a...
Replies
Views
Hello ! I am building for some time a cct to drive a 3digit multiplexed LCD. (from aliexpress) From the sellers on aliexpress I managed to find...
Replies
Views
Summary (TL;DR) Several lightbulbs in my home supplied by one circuit breaker dim over time and go out in about a year. Right now, the ceiling...
Replies
Views
I have a 2005 Swift Kontiki 610 Low Profile and just been doing my usual pre winter check. I should say at the outset we are still amateurs re van...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock