Discuss TN-S supply 4.2ohms, this is the solution from the DNO! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

must be a thing with DNO,s in the northwest,we had a supply problem a few years back dno came out and said it was service cable fault and would take about a week to fix,their idea of a temp solution was a cable through my letterbox across the garden and into next doors service via their letterbox.Next door had small children and we have a dog so I told them it was not acceptable on H&S grounds,enter supervisor who found out fault was in a linkbox at top of road and actually affecting several properties but no one thought to complain,half hour later job done.Still cant help wondering what would have happened if they had replaced my service and found fault still there,worrying really.

must be a thing with DNO,s in the northwest,we had a supply problem a few years back dno came out and said it was service cable fault and would take about a week to fix,their idea of a temp solution was a cable through my letterbox across the garden and into next doors service via their letterbox.Next door had small children and we have a dog so I told them it was not acceptable on H&S grounds,enter supervisor who found out fault was in a linkbox at top of road and actually affecting several properties but no one thought to complain,half hour later job done.Still cant help wondering what would have happened if they had replaced my service and found fault still there,worrying really.
reminds me of the time when the lofts in my area were being given extra insulation.....warmfront i think they called it...anyway Julie the next door neighbour wanted to have the insulation guys trudge through my house...into my loft and through to hers to insulate it for her...just because her loft hatch wasn`t big enough for em to get through.......cheeky mare!!....told her where to go....unbelievable..the front of it..lol....

reminds me of the time when the lofts in my area were being given extra insulation.....warmfront i think they called it...anyway Julie the next door neighbour wanted to have the insulation guys trudge through my house...into my loft and through to hers to insulate it for her...just because her loft hatch wasn`t big enough for em to get through.......cheeky mare!!....told her where to go....unbelievable..the front of it..lol....

That's a great story! Cheeky ****er! Lol

I suppose you could say she was met with a COLDFRONT from you about her suggestion lol.

the thing is n all....she didn`t see any wrong in asking....i mean, the look on her face when i told her to do one....just completely stupid.....

Some people eh? I'm sure she wouldn't have been so accommodating should the boot have been on the other foot.

I suppose you could say she was met with a COLDFRONT from you about her suggestion lol.
oh yes!!.....it wasn`t just that either.....she asked me once to give her electrics the once over......as practice!!...told her what she was after was a free periodic.....told her i`l practice a quote...havn`t heard any more about it...lol...just an owt for nowt...lol....

Reply to TN-S supply 4.2ohms, this is the solution from the DNO! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net