Discuss Tools stolen from my van in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I hope you get them back fella. Report the police to the independent police complaints commission (maybe another body in Scotland) for misfeasance in public office.
It should have been investigated

Absolutely sickening. I think I would cry if my gear was stolen. I can't comprehend how someone thinks they have the right to take another persons property for their own gain.
In my opinion, this sort of crime is not taken seriously enough.

I'm quite a easy going sort of bloke, but I do scare myself with the thoughts that go through my mind about what I'd do if I caught someone stealing from me.

Theres only one answer, unfortunately, and that's take the good gear out of your van at night, its a real pain, but gives me comfort when in bed.
I will admit though, there have been times when I haven't always loaded up what I might need for the next day. That winds me up even more, because I am forced to go through this routine due to so many thieving Bar Stewards about.

I hope you have a good outcome.

Last edited:
my hand tools and test gear always come off the van at night. drills are left in van chained and padlocked. van is only 20ft from bedroom window and i have a supply of half bricks to deter any scum that approach.

I'm quite a easy going sort of bloke, but I do scare myself with the thoughts that go through my mind about what I's do if I caught someone stealing from me.

In all honesty a bloody good hiding is about the only thing these scumbags understand. It's a shame they rarely get caught by the owners in the act.... Prison is just an inconvenience for them, whereas excruciating pain and a good few weeks in plaster cast(s) is something not so easily forgotten!!

An ex Turkish army sargeant (ahh cannae spell today) came up with a great idea he told me once, with reference to a certain political figure later fiund guilty of gobsmackingly heinious war crimes.

keep them alive, and keep them in the room with you.

but after surgery, specifically a certain 3 items of a mans body removed and then turned into a dummy, hung around the neck of the person in question.

everytime he speaks pop his dummy in.

Thanks guys! I have plenty of ideas about how to deal with the scum !! Was thinking of a sting! What's the smallest gps tracker I can get, got an empty van I could "accidentally leave an old drill in and then when scumbo takes it I can hunt them down like a dogs that they are. Also heard there is gypsies going about stealing dogs for baiting fighting dogs!!!!!! What world do we live in!!! These pieces of wasted skin should be thrown away like paper from my dirty bum!!

Apologies. There is an new academy opposite my house and they have a lamppost with a movable cctv camera (sticks out like a sore thumb hence leave tools in van thinking it's safe)I was there before the police to check footage but they can't show me it , it has to be the police!!!! Hope a guy I know will check it for me though!! Still no luck on the tools. Added all the cost for replacing them and it comes to just over £4000.00. Sickening!!!

Too late for the OP, but it might be worth registering tools and equipment with serial numbers on this site or one of the other similar ones:

https://www.immobilise.com/about.html

Then if they're found and reported, it can be quickly established that they're stolen and can be returned.

and if you can insure them also take pictures of them for your insurance purposes
pictures can also help police if they do investigate.

sorry to hear about this and hope your stuff gets found and returned and hope someone catches the B@$ turds and strings them up by the ballocks and uses them for batting practice

Bad luck mate, would recommend a van vault, bolt it through the floor of your van and they would have to nick the van to get the tools, i dont take any risks when it comes to my tools, especially testing gear.

That's happened to me twice last year in the Midlands.Nothing more infuriating.Still can't afford to replace my paslode nailgun, arms dropping off driving in 4inch nails!
My sympathies mate.

Reply to Tools stolen from my van in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net