Discuss Another set of tools stolen from van. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Had my Transit Connect locks picked last night (I now know this takes about 15 seconds with a £45 internet supplied pick) and all my Makita 18W drills, saws and battery tools stolen along with a cable locator and Dewalt laser level.

Anyone in the north London area that is offered tools sharpie’d with PJD on them please let me know.

Now for the trawl through Ebay to see if I can find them.:sad:

Very sad to hear it,bud,keep heart and good luck with the search.

I lost £13,500 worth of gear a number of years ago,from a van,and it was the sickest i have ever felt...ever.

You will get over it,because decent folk do.

Very sad to hear it,bud,keep heart and good luck with the search.

I lost £13,500 worth of gear a number of years ago,from a van,and it was the sickest i have ever felt...ever.

You will get over it,because decent folk do.

Awful. Did you get any kit back, or insurance? That is a horrible blow.
I can understand the feeling.
Fortunately for me, I never leave electronics that need calibration or my hand tool bag in the van overnight, so I could do at least one simple job today, but I was still shaking when I started.

Any work van will look good to break in to
So don't look the part
How about a blind/screen that pulls down with some thing scary on it
Pir alarm system on a car battery with a remote
As car alarms ain't any good,.as I would let a someone drive off with a pain in the butt alarm
So normal alarm hooked up

Scumbags all of em, hope they get whats coming to them, need to be tarred and feathered, thieving blighters

Any work van will look good to break in to
So don't look the part
How about a blind/screen that pulls down with some thing scary on it
Pir alarm system on a car battery with a remote
As car alarms ain't any good,.as I would let a someone drive off with a pain in the butt alarm
So normal alarm hooked up
Yes,

My van is a white unmarked van with bulkhead so nothing is on view to passersby. It was parked on my drive 6 foot from the pavement. The problem is that there is a tool on internet for £45 that can pick the ford Tibbe locks in 15 seconds (as demonstrated on Youtube “https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnTMveHH_AM” and “https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWDhIUTnnuE”). That of course turns off the immobiliser and inbuilt alarm.
There are even lock picking forums apparently.
If I had known how easy it was to get in, I would have changed the locks and fitted an independent alarm. If only the Ford service garage had pointed the problems with older, or even the van or business insurance company when I tell them it is a ford just pointing out the vulnerability.

If you are going to keep the van , disable the rear locks and devise an electric lock system from either switched or remote .
Hide the switch in the engine compartment engine , it does not even have to look like a switch.
Bit of a pain but it may save your gear.
I would also not leave any gear in it for awhile , as they will know you have brand new stuff.

Following on from Duane's post , Put a Master Blaster in from an inverter, controlled by an alarm in case they get into the front of the van. They will not hang around in close proximity to that. There may be a 12v system that is just as loud now.
You could also disable the front locks , but that could turn out to be a pain.

Following on from Duane's post , Put a Master Blaster in from an inverter, controlled by an alarm in case they get into the front of the van. They will not hang around in close proximity to that. There may be a 12v system that is just as loud now.
You could also disable the front locks , but that could turn out to be a pain.
A master blaster would definitely do the trick. I inadvertently set one off last week when working on someone's shed alarm... Nobody would hang around for long near one of them!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Awful. Did you get any kit back, or insurance? That is a horrible blow.
I can understand the feeling.
Fortunately for me, I never leave electronics that need calibration or my hand tool bag in the van overnight, so I could do at least one simple job today, but I was still shaking when I started.

No,fella,and to be honest,if i had been given the money in an envelope,the morning after...it wouldn't have changed the feeling...

It was not the money,it was the affront,the fact i had not one piece of kit,which had come iffy,or bent,or sly...it was the bits of test kit,the "adapters",the hand made tools and specials,which were valueless to anyone else,which would be flung as scrap.

There have been minor goals scored by the home team,since.

Three times i have been visited by the away team,attempting to liberate me of my new Ifor Williams trailer. Two teams from eastern Europe.

I remain,nine points ahead :smile5:

When it was rife up here ,it was not uncommon for the names to be 'slipped' ; of the persons whom may be responsible .

No,fella,and to be honest,if i had been given the money in an envelope,the morning after...it wouldn't have changed the feeling...

It was not the money,it was the affront,the fact i had not one piece of kit,which had come iffy,or bent,or sly...it was the bits of test kit,the "adapters",the hand made tools and specials,which were valueless to anyone else,which would be flung as scrap.

Three times i have been visited by the away team,attempting to liberate me of my new Ifor Williams trailer. Two teams from eastern Europe.

Superb.

Hope it stays that way.

I can identify with that. I came of relatively lightly as they were probably interrupted, but still get that sickening feeling when I remember what has happened.

Reply to Another set of tools stolen from van. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net