Discuss Track lighting Advise in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
When a 20W LED spotlight of the same brand and design is added to a 5-meter single-wire track system, which already has four 30W LED spots connected to a Varilight 300W 2-Way LED Replacement Dimmer Module, the entire track system experiences dimming. Why does this happen?

Have you tried adding another 30w led

If that works ok presumably the issue is with the 20w . A fault or incompatibility issue
Hello, indeed, it's quite peculiar. I have tried using two different 20-watt spotlights, but both appear to cause the 30-watt lights to dim. I don't have a 30-watt for comparison.

Are these track lights mains or a lower voltage off a transformer, could be the transformer is not able to supply sufficient power.

Reply to Track lighting Advise in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I was at a customers house changing a socket and they asked me a question about their lights. Some of the lights in the house suddenly get...
Replies
Views
I am looking at installation of an architectural dimmer, that is will supply 6 channels, with 20A circuits each (2400W ea). Our hall has can light...
Replies
Views
DIY query Have narrowed down the source of an occasional trip to one light circuit which is a varilight v-pro master dimmer slave set up. This...
Replies
Views
Hi all, after a bit of advise if ok please. We have a switch which currently only powers one single LED down light in our ceiling. From this...
Replies
Views
I installed a 3-way Lutron dimmer toggle switch in my basement to control 5 dimmable LED track lights, LED track lights slowly brighten to near...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock