Discuss Trimming a Fixture Dimmer? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello!
I design and build lamps, which has been a simple task so far, but I've decided to dip my toe into the dubious world of 120v LED PCBs for slimmer designs. I'm working on a lamp right now that would utilize three ~4" 120v LED PCBs that are originally designed as ceiling lamp/fan retrofit kits:
or
(I'm not a big enough operation to warrant ordering thousands of custom made PCBs from China, so utilizing readily available bulbs and boards is a must)

I was skeptical of these little aluminum 120v boards that claimed to not need a heat sink, and sure enough these suckers get magma hot with 120v running through em. Too hot to sell to customers, so I've been trying to figure out a way to address the heat.

My idea to avoid the extreme heat at 100% is to use a trimmed dimmer, since the heat is significantly reduced at even 90%. All my lamps have dimmer switches installed (usually something like this: ), and fortunately these LED PCB retrofit kits are specifically designed to handle TRIAC dimming, and they really do dim surprisingly smooth with those clunky waves. But to my knowledge there's no such thing as a trimmed fixture dimmer. . . Does anyone know of a way to simulate a max-limit trimmed dimmer in a table lamp circuit without creating physical stoppers on the knob or something?

P.S. The immediate reaction is probably "why isn't this dude just using small LED E12 bulbs or something. . ." but I've tried a dozen different ways to fit them into the lamp AND achieve evenly diffused lighting like these boards do, but to no avail.

TL;DR
Looking for a way to create a high-end-trimmed fixture dimmer circuit in a 120v table lamp/sconce to avoid overheating LED PCBs.

Reply to Trimming a Fixture Dimmer? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net