Discuss Trunking for wall lights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

PAD66

-
Reaction score
Hi All

Been asked to install some wall lights, customer does not want me to chase cables in walls at present. It it is a downstairs flat with no access to above. My intention is install a FCU on the ring and surface mount in trunking. I want to know if any one knows of a quadrant shapped trunking that that i can run up a corner and along the coving. Not the best solution I know.

Thanks

nothing to stop you clipping the cable up the corner, along the top of the wall, and fitting some coving over it.

Only quadrant shaped trunkings I know of are in larger sizes....I would have thought MT2 size trunking tight into the corner on the vertical with MT0 along the edge of the coving would look fine. Only problem for me would be the drops to the wall lights,whatever you use thats going to look naff,would the client accept short chases from coving to wall lights?

Thanks for the replies might just clip it, they have said they want me to go back and chase in the cables when they decorate, why they can't wait to have the lights fitted until then I'll never know, but works work.

Didnt wall lights go out of fashion in the 70s?
Along with flock wall paper, pictures of Indian woman, 3 ducks and ratchet plastic rise n fall lights?

Boydy :laugh3:

good style never goes out of fashion. i'm still here! :1eye:

Reply to Trunking for wall lights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm obviously still new and learning about what I can and cannot do, but essentially I want to install an EVSE at my own house for an electric...
Replies
Views
I'm looking at putting up & down lights onto a solid brick wall (1900 semi detached house) What's best way practically and aesthetically to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am planning to install wall lights such as these ones (LAP Bronx Outdoor Up & Down Wall Light Black - Screwfix -...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got an awkward bathroom fan installation in a downstairs flat, concrete ceilings and (some) walls. Bathroom is already fully tiled and...
Replies
Views
Local funeral place is getting a new mortuary fridge unit, and needs some work done. The CU, just for the room, is high up in the corner, just...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock