Discuss Two electric showers 45A in single property in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

We are considering installing two 45A shower in a single property (multible showers). I believe the incoming service fuse is 100A.

The problem is, if both showers plus other devices are used it could exceed the 100A max.

Would it not matter as it's unlikely both showers used at the same time? I've seen one solution is installing a 'priority' board to prevent both being used at the same time, or a switch arrangement that performs the same function.

Both showers would be on there own circuits with RCBOs.

- -

Is there any scope for additional mains supply, or would this be too expensive, potentially cause phasing issues, or non reg?

Finally, if both showers were used at the same time could water pressure in an issue?

Thanks in advance.

A good option is a priority board, this allows only one shower to run at a time.

Garo Priority Shower Board (Choose Priority) - https://www.meteorelectrical.com/distribution-control/consumer-units-accessories-1/garo-priority-shower-board-choose-priority.html

Depending on the size of the property and it's use (how many people/kids/work routine etc) would be best to determine the maximum demand you require on the installation.

Electric or gas heating?

Electric or gas oven?

Car charger?

etc etc etc...

Hi - water pressure could be an issue and is readily tested on site. The shower units will state minimum flow rates in their specs and you can do a simple test (before purchasing the extra one). At my house the incoming main pressure is only about 1.5 bar and any tap turned on while the shower is on will be noticed in the shower. If the flow rate was too low for an electric shower it would likely switch itself off. If it was low pressure like my home it would just not be an enjoyable shower ...

I think with electric heating and 2 electric showers you may well blow the supply fuse!

Can you get Calor or oil?

Reply to Two electric showers 45A in single property in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net