Discuss Type S RCD Polarity Clarification in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Given the RCD pictured below

1710411421136.png

With the manufacturers instructions here:
1710411525099.png

Am i right in interpreting that as well as being able to bring the incoming feeds into the bottom, i can also switch the LIVE and Neutral sides over, so that this arrangement would be possible? Forigve the crudity of the drawing

1710411637038.png

The thing that gives me some doubts is the manufactures stamp on the RCD on the top left.

1710411715697.png

Yes, it seems the RCD is symmetric in both ways so it could be used like you show.

However, would it not be better to take the supply from the busbar via your 50A MCB and then you can wire the delay RCD up the normal L/N way?

Top/bottom feed is immaterial here as the MI says, however, keeping L wire to the L-marked terminal is in keeping with the "principle of least astonishment".

Yeah, you make a good point, i'm so used to switches/protection/surge on the right and overcurrent to their left it didnt even enter my brain until you said it lol.

Saves scraping of the L and using a sharpie on the other side..

Yeah, you make a good point, i'm so used to switches/protection/surge on the right and overcurrent to their left it didnt even enter my brain until you said it lol.

Saves scraping of the L and using a sharpie on the other side..
Just out of curiosity has that tnc-s earthing

Reply to Type S RCD Polarity Clarification in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net