Discuss Upgrading my garage supply. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

I see a reasonable solution here.
Mount a small consumer unit in the house over where the current 13A fused spur sits, feed it with the ring main.
Fit two MCBs, 6A and 20A. Use the existing 1.5mm SWA onto the 6A breaker for a lighting circuits and install another 2.5mm SWA for power. If you really wanted to go the whole hog you could install a 4mm SWA and 32A breaker for the sockets.
You jest, don't you? feed a CU from the RFC, cloud cuckoo land for sure.

Show me where in BS7671 does my plan fall short? Like I said, I'm always up for learning.
See Appendix 15 BS7671 regarding Ring Final Circuits, with specific reference to SPURS

I see this post is still going.
First off thanks to all that offered genuine help.
Murdoch, you are right I did invite comments, my mistake I should've said "helpful comments please".
The last suggestion doesn't work as I don't want an ugly CU in my kitchen and the supply to the garage is approx. 5m away buried underground. Not practical to run another cable otherwise I would've just upgraded to a decent supply.
To the people who just like to score points off peoples request for help or your bored with the same questions, I suggest you just don't bother commenting, that way you wont get bored.

I see a reasonable solution here.
Mount a small consumer unit in the house over where the current 13A fused spur sits, feed it with the ring main.
Fit two MCBs, 6A and 20A. Use the existing 1.5mm SWA onto the 6A breaker for a lighting circuits and install another 2.5mm SWA for power. If you really wanted to go the whole hog you could install a 4mm SWA and 32A breaker for the sockets.
That is a pretty random solution.

^^ I would say the majority of the suggestions were helpful , and regs compliant with good practice.

Just because they don't concur with what you hoped people would say doesn't mean they are unhelpful.
Mate, depends how much you class as a majority.
I have no problem with answers about regs and I don't believe any disagreed with what I asked or planned other than they frowned on the doubling up of the RCD protection.
Asking questions like why and how many sockets do you need isn't helpful.
Stating the obvious like you will only have 13amp supply isn't helpful, all were stated in my original question.
I came on asking questions to get help and got bombarded with people wanting to score points off me with sarcastic replies.
I've come over as a ----- because I cant stand people trying to score points off of me on what is supposed to be a help page. I'm not a ----- but I don't responded well to ---- takers.

I don't want an ugly CU in my kitchen.

shop around. you should be able to find a pretty one.

the ideal solution, as has been said before, is to spend some cash, do some digging, do it right. a decent sized SWA from CU, suitably protected, not on RCD (unless it's TT). then a sub-main ( RCD and 2 or 3 MCBs) then Bob's your gender neutral aunt.

Reply to Upgrading my garage supply. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net