Discuss UPS spec - help required. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

No single phase input. Machine is configured for 3 phase supply.
The one UPs I was struggling to recal was an Emerson AP series AP 410 10 KVA 415 15KVA and so on these machines utilised a 3 phase input mains supply as well as a single phase input which could come from a standby set another UPs output or maybe a safe supply, for some reason which I can't recall why you could add links to take a 1 phase supply from the 3 phase input.
These machines could be wired in series using the output of 1 unit as the single phase supply for the next one, this could be as many machines as you require for supply to continue, UPS 1 feeds UPS2 and so on.

You said in one of your earlier posts that the Standby usually takes about 10 mins to run up causing a short break in the supply, this is not a "no break set up" with a NBS you would have NO loss of supply to your equipment.

The one UPs I was struggling to recal was an Emerson AP series AP 410 10 KVA 415 15KVA and so on these machines utilised a 3 phase input mains supply as well as a single phase input which could come from a standby set another UPs output or maybe a safe supply, for some reason which I can't recall why you could add links to take a 1 phase supply from the 3 phase input.
These machines could be wired in series using the output of 1 unit as the single phase supply for the next one, this could be as many machines as you require for supply to continue, UPS 1 feeds UPS2 and so on.

Sounds like a complex beasty! No, what is required here is a 'normal' 3 phase UPS which the machine will be powered through all the time, and will carry on supplying power when the mains fails. Just until the main genny kicks in - only needs around 30 seconds.

The only issue I had was the rating plate - it initially confused me. I think, as mentioned by a couple of people above, that it is giving maximum ratings on the top half, but the bottom half is either a normal running figure or the current drawn with the machine configured in the way it is.

Daz

Speak to EMERSON they will be able to help, cant recall where they are but I'm sure if you google Emerson you could find an address email etc,

Cheers Pete, appreciated.
They more than likely have an updated style of UPs than the ones I used, as time has elapsed it was about 12 tears ago. The AP400 series were a joy to work with simple to install and very successful imo

I recently installed some 3ph on-line UPS units in a water treatement works to keep a dosing pump system running in the event of power failure. I used a company called Reillo and the units were rated at 10KVA each. They worked like a charm.
The units are a MCT10-S1. They will also deliver to site, position and commission once installed which I think is well worth the money. (They weigh about 180kg!)
They will cost about £3500 all in, so not cheap but they work.
Reillo are on 01978 729297

Reply to UPS spec - help required. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net