Discuss UPSOLAR any good? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

saint

-
Reaction score
Anyone used these? Are they good quality? been offered a good price on 230W poly panels. Thinking of using on my next job.

Also if anyone can recommend a good supplier that would really help. I'm looking for panels 230 - 250W.

Thanks

We have used wholesolar.org recently. They are based in Bristol and know what they are on about - Ben seems a genuinely helpful bloke, apparently they are starting to get UpSolar soon and they will be well below £1/W.

We have been using Siliken 250W up to now as they are Spanish (European made) and came top of the Photon International outdoor test last year and have a 10yr warranty.

I have used Upsolar on quite a few jobs where there is plenty of area and I wanted an economical panel. They seem solid and good quality. They are a good deal more rigid to handle than Sharps I have used.

I have used the upsolar on a job I did about 4 months ago with the polys and another i didi with the monos. Great results and feel like a great panel. I'm not gonna say they are amazing but they certainly tick the value for money box.

We got it from our current supplier whole solar.org. Im sure they will give you them even if you dont buy anything from them.

Hi Guys,

UpSolar is a well known brand in the PV industry, they are actually manufactured by Linuo which are the panels we supplying. UpSolar is Linuos 'second line' of panels

Please drop me an email should you require further info [email protected]

Kenny

hi all
As an Upsolar employee ('cuse the trolling), I can confirm that our panels are not produced by Linuo and we are not OEM - in much the same way as Apple will license out their manufacturing operation, Upsolar seek out qualified partners to manufacture our product. We have members of our own staff on the production platforms over seeing quality control (also assisted by Bureau Veritas), and we place all of our own components and raw materials (sourced through our Applied Materials division) onto these production platforms

If you look at the Oko Test results and the Photon reports (happy to send to you direct) you will also see strong independent verification as to the quality of our product

And last but not least, we have the most watertight insurance backed warranty (performance and product) in the solar market - this offers 100% peace of mind to the end-users

We'll be at Ecobuild (stand N3165), so please feel free to drop by our stand if your heading to London for the show at the end of this month

cheers, Justin

Upsolar is not manufactured by Linuo anymore but was up until around October 2011, we had access to Upsolar containers at really low prices at they couldnt stick to their credit terms hence Linuo terminated the contract and stopped manufacturing.

these 45mm frames on M240P's are available because of a large canceled order in Germany (due to FiTs situation), and these panels were made specifically for a client. Our normal frame size is 40mm, but we do offer 45mm as an option

hi all
If you look at the Oko Test results and the Photon reports (happy to send to you direct)

Hi Justin, I'd like a copy of the Photon report if possible. Are your modules registered on their database? I can't find them under the Upsolar model number.

Thanks

Aldous
Microgen Database

Reply to UPSOLAR any good? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net