Discuss USA politics, recent events. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Did Trump do a good Job as President.

• No

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Yes but he was a bit of a loose cannon (said stupid stuff).

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • No better or worse than Obama

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
Do I think the US needed a president such as a him ? Yes
No he is not the right guy, the USA is IMO probably one if not the most racist nation on earth, they still run buses in the south with signs saying "Coloreds only" at the back of buses and the cops shoot them in the back FFS for resisting arrest even if not armed, Trump is adored by the Whites in the USA, given the mutli national peoples there he is not the guy to unite America, I don't think that person has been born yet, far too soon for the Yanks to accept other creeds, they are 150 years behind the modern world when it comes to equality.

I can remember when the BBC was renowned for its impartiality regarding news .
The news readers job was to read the news without showing any emotion ,no raised eyebrows ,no inflections, no intimations or smiles just deliver the story with no spin or directing. Allow people to draw their own conclusions as opposed being given their opinions.

I can remember when the BBC was renowned for its impartiality regarding news .
The news readers job was to read the news without showing any emotion ,no raised eyebrows ,no inflections, no intimations or smiles just deliver the story with no spin or directing. Allow people to draw their own conclusions as opposed being given their opinions.
Yes me too, I am a not a right wing thinking guy at all, however even I am appalled at how left wing the BBC has gone, it needs shutting Down or Defunding at least IMO

No he is not the right guy, the USA is IMO probably one if not the most racist nation on earth, they still run buses in the south with signs saying "Coloreds only" at the back of buses and the cops shoot them in the back FFS for resisting arrest even if not armed, Trump is adored by the Whites in the USA, given the mutli national peoples there he is not the guy to unite America, I don't think that person has been born yet, far too soon for the Yanks to accept other creeds, they are 150 years behind the modern world when it comes to equality.
Over 70 million people thought so .Not all white by a long chalk! If they are so behind that's not the fault of Trump .Obama had 2 terms to do something about it .
Ohhh and anyone runs the risk of being shot in the back for resisting arrest in the U S.

Over 70 million people thought so .Not all white by a long chalk! If they are so behind that's not the fault of Trump .Obama had 2 terms to do something about it .
Ohhh and anyone runs the risk of being shot in the back for resisting arrest in the U S.
and 80 million voted for Biden and they were not all white, however it is fact there are a lot of Whites in the USA who love him and voted for him, cannot remember the last time a white man or woman was shot 6 or 7 times in the back whilst running away from a copper unarmed, I expect it has maybe happened but with the Black folk over there we know it happens and happens far to often, if you have been to the states you would know, and if you tell me you have and you have not noticed Blacks are racially abused over there then I won't believe you, maybe in the north near New York etc everyone is treated equally but in the south areas they are literally 150 years behind the rest of the world still in their thinking and they love trump down there, not everywhere obviously but most of the south areas.

Gamestop incident was Karma on the highest level, unfortunately so many companies are tied into that shortfall investment schemes that it effect the pensions of millions of people, the unfortunate victims here, this wasn't just about a few individuals or companies running for a steal.
This will have serious ramifications for yrs to come and may alter how company shareholding works,

I've been to the US several times though not to the deep south admittedly. Do you think things will dramatically get better under Biden and his vice president Harris ? There are many such incidences that dont attract the same amount of coverage of white ppl being shot for resisting arrest

I've been to the US several times though not to the deep south admittedly. Do you think things will dramatically get better under Biden and his vice president Harris ? There are many such incidences that dont attract the same amount of coverage of white ppl being shot for resisting arrest
No things will not get better as I said, IMO the right president to unite the country has not been born yet, they are still 150 years behind the rest of the modern world regarding equality, but Biden will rebuild relationships with the world in which trump destroyed, at least the US will gain some credibility back, except with Israel of course who loved Trump due to his anti Iranian views.

Can someone on here give me some evidence of BBC left wing bias please? I'm interested because I'd say it was the other way round, in so much as the BBC seem, to me, to be a Tory goverment mouth piece.

Thanks in advance.

Gamestop incident was Karma on the highest level, unfortunately so many companies are tied into that shortfall investment schemes that it effect the pensions of millions of people, the unfortunate victims here, this wasn't just about a few individuals or companies running for a steal.
This will have serious ramifications for yrs to come and may alter how company shareholding works,
How does this affect pensions DW? Surley this is about shorting, if any pension funds held shares in Gamestop, which I doubt, then they were due to lose anyway if the shorters (is that a word?) were correct in their gamble in the first place. Don't forget the shorters borrowed shares hoping the value would drop, so not good for pension funds.

Of course they, did more than any president in history.....

Are there really people that believe that 80 million people voted for Biden?

Nowt as Queer as folk as me gran used to say, she's been dead thirty years so probably voted for him herself.

And exactly the same could be said of Trump.
Your Gran probably voted for both of them.
There was no evidence of any substance presented to say that Biden votes were fraudulent.
However no-one looked to see if any of the votes for Trump were fraudulent.
There could have been millions of fake votes for Trump, there certainly was something going on in Florida, where Trump won.

Have a search for Shadow candidates.

How does this affect pensions DW? Surley this is about shorting, if any pension funds held shares in Gamestop, which I doubt, then they were due to lose anyway if the shorters (is that a word?) were correct in their gamble in the first place. Don't forget the shorters borrowed shares hoping the value would drop, so not good for pension funds.
I'm not sure pensions can invest in these funds..

..however when the short seller makes a position he borrows a share at its current value, say $10, and has a set period of time to give that share back.

So, when he receives the shares, say 1,000,000 he sells them to realise the money but it is shares he owes not money. When his position closes he has to return the shares.

Hopefully, over the agreed period, the share price has fallen and our trader simply buys the number of shares he owes and hands them back, pocketing the difference.

Now, in the case of GameStop the price has been driven up hugely, $450, and in order to cover his position our trader needs to find 450,000,000 to but the shares he owes.

In order to do this our trader now has to go to his boss, explain how fu**ed they are and liquidate other assets to raise the funds.

These other assets will have downward pressures on other stock prices that safer institutions, pension pots, will hold.

So, yes it will have an effect on pensions...

...but since the boomers pulled the ladder up after them and most of these nerds don't have pensions then they really don't care.

Karma.

And exactly the same could be said of Trump.
Your Gran probably voted for both of them.
There was no evidence of any substance presented to say that Biden votes were fraudulent.
However no-one looked to see if any of the votes for Trump were fraudulent.
There could have been millions of fake votes for Trump, there certainly was something going on in Florida, where Trump won.

Have a search for Shadow candidates.
Probably, there has been fraud since God was a lad.

Just a little more industrial, and less credible, now.

I'd put big money on it! Slowing the postal service, removal of drop off boxes, intimidation at the polling stations, thugs baying at the windows of the vote counting stations - these are just some of the things they didn't even try to hide.

I'm not sure pensions can invest in these funds..

..however when the short seller makes a position he borrows a share at its current value, say $10, and has a set period of time to give that share back.

So, when he receives the shares, say 1,000,000 he sells them to realise the money but it is shares he owes not money. When his position closes he has to return the shares.

Hopefully, over the agreed period, the share price has fallen and our trader simply buys the number of shares he owes and hands them back, pocketing the difference.

Now, in the case of GameStop the price has been driven up hugely, $450, and in order to cover his position our trader needs to find 450,000,000 to but the shares he owes.

In order to do this our trader now has to go to his boss, explain how fu**ed they are and liquidate other assets to raise the funds.

These other assets will have downward pressures on other stock prices that safer institutions, pension pots, will hold.

So, yes it will have an effect on pensions...

...but since the boomers pulled the ladder up after them and most of these nerds don't have pensions then they really don't care.

Karma.
Thanks GB but I know how shorting works, I just don't believe anyone shorting a company like Gamestop will have any discernible on pension funds. I don't think your explanation does it for me.

Sky UK is definitely a Rupert Murdoch pro Tory Channel and the earlier comment from nicebutdim was so hilarious I have still not stopped laughing, to suggest Adam Bolton was not a Tory is the most hilarious post I have ever seen, a brilliant bit of Comedy from the guy pmsl hahaha. as for Kay Burley she should be sacked for going to South Africa and then having to isolate when getting home for breaking the rules, the 6 month suspension is a farce, we have the BBC who are Left wing and Sky right wing, hence my comment about Fake news over here, one thing Trump has got right about the media

I've no idea of his political sympathies, and don't have access to Sky News, but his social media accounts are heavily critical of Brexit and Boris Johnson's government.

Can only comment on his opinions expressed via public platforms.

Reply to USA politics, recent events. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net