Search the forum,

Discuss Well I would have never thought it---- in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

MDJ

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
--But I felt in agreement with the PM today, the way the Europeans have treated us has made me angry, fluck em, lets go out hard and fast and take our chances, and next time the Germans invade the french lets let the french fight their own battle.

upload_2018-9-21_15-16-24.png
some it up MDJ .;)

--But I felt in agreement with the PM today, the way the Europeans have treated us has made me angry, fluck em, lets go out hard and fast and take our chances, and next time the Germans invade the french lets let the french fight their own battle.
totally agree. if the pillocks won't agree our terms, sod 'em. they need us more than we need them. and as for the £35 billion they want fo us to leave with a deal, they can stuff their demands up their arses. won't hurt coz they already deep up their arses anyway.

Thing is:

Canada has a free trade agreement without freedom of movement

Japan has a free trade agreement without freedom of movement

Germany and France have "golden" shares in major companies, but other EU countries can't.

The playing field has NEVER been level, The Germans benefit the MOST from the Euro, The French benefit the most from the CAP ...

Out, out, out.

PS: Stop buying their produce ..................

I don't see how we have been treated unfairly. We wanted out not them that wanted us out.
We have demanded to leave the club whilst wanting to keep all the benefits of the club but paying no subscription fees.

How did anyone think that was ever going to work out ?

Come on Andy, get with the programme. :)

I don't see how we have been treated unfairly. We wanted out not them that wanted us out.
We have demanded to leave the club whilst wanting to keep all the benefits of the club but paying no subscription fees.

How did anyone think that was ever going to work out ?

Andy

Germany and France both hold "shares" in major companies - yet other EU countries are not allowed to

Is that fair?

I don't think so

Why do Canada and Japan have free trade agreements, with no fees and no freedom of movement

The playing field isn't level..............

Andy

Germany and France both hold "shares" in major companies - yet other EU countries are not allowed to

Is that fair?

I don't think so

Why do Canada and Japan have free trade agreements, with no fees and no freedom of movement

The playing field isn't level..............

Level playing fields don't exist anywhere, that's the nature of capitalism. It doesn't work any other way.

Junker needs flucking up the arse, the guy is a total crunt, I say lets get out now and hard, they will regret the day they flucked with us, I was a remainer, I am now a outer and an angry outer.

LOL, Not in that way, although I have no issue with Gay people, they are just people.

Junker needs flucking up the arse, the guy is a total crunt, I say lets get out now and hard, they will regret the day they flucked with us, I was a remainer, I am now a outer and an angry outer.
Quite get them Europeans out of the crud a few times and what do they do? Shyite on you from a great height.

Germany will suffer most from us leaving, i think if Germany left the EU, it would be a very different world but as they have so much to gain from being in a artificially subdued currency, they will cling on with their dying breath.
Good riddance to EU

Hmmm, I haven't been following the news but I'm guessing all is not going well with the Brexit negotiations....

Not sure I agree with that ... the Germans and French think they run and own the EU for their exclusive benefit ..... so anyone who disagrees with them is bound to be in trroble

The EU is nothing more than a protection racket ...

The Brussels , unelected gravy train, don’t like ANYTHING that might rock their boat ....

Tony Blair caused all this ... in 2005 he promised the UK electorate a vote on the Lisbon Treaty .... which he then didn’t deliver on .... if he had, the British would have rejected it, and the nail in the EU superstate, federal republic, people won’t have a say would have derailed the process ...

How things change and the attitudes of people change as well

All you over 45s (who had no right to decide the future for the under 45s who remain completely opposed to your selfish views)
are now moaning and groaning because the EU won't play your ball game
In effect they are sticking two fingers up to you for being so silly and obstinate with your little England mentality

You are beginning to become aware of the reality of your silly vote and the idiotic English nationalist sentiments that drove that silliness
You are getting realism when you were supposed to be sailing off into the sunset with your wild dreams of freedom and not this poverty it actually entails

You have done your bit for the under 45s who's futures you have wrecked,you get no sympathy from me,only a ! "I did warn you all"

All you over 45s (who had no right to decide the future for the under 45s who remain completely opposed to your selfish views)
In effect they are sticking two fingers up to you for being so silly and obstinate with your little England mentality

You are beginning to become aware of the reality of your silly vote and the idiotic English nationalist sentiments that drove that silliness
You are getting realism when you were supposed to be sailing off into the sunset with your wild dreams of freedom and not this poverty it actually entails

You have done your bit for the under 45s who's futures you have wrecked,you get no sympathy from me,only a ! "I did warn you all"

The young have had enough chances to avoid a Brexit. They consistently showed apathy for voting that led to the rise in UKIP and then the Tories having to promise a referendum to win back voters that had gone to UKIP.

One vote is one vote. No vote is more valuable than any other. This is democracy.

Are you seriously telling me that the over 45's had no right to vote? You sound like a right t*t, no actually you dont sound like one you're a t*t.

There are people who voted who were kids during the War where instead of playing on their Ipad they had Luftwaffe flying above them bombing the living hell out of their city while their fathers were over in Europe liberating their --- from ---- Germany and you have the damn cheek to say they have no right to vote!

I think this border thing between NI & Ireland, is just a smoke screen being puffed up by the EU. The UK & Ireland can do what they friggin well like, customs or no customs!
No they can’t.
We made an agreement with the IRA not to have a border between NI and Eire.
By leaving the EU, we will have broken the agreement if we don’t get an agreement with the EU about having a soft border between NI and Eire.
Our other option is to allow NI to have a referendum about leaving the UK.
So, to sum it up, we either get the EU to agree a soft border between NI and Eire, we allow NI to have a referendum about leaving the UK or we stay in the EU.
Anything else will mean we have broken the Good Friday agreement, which makes the UK look bad and untrustworthy, and may mean a return to the troubles.
We can’t afford to look untrustworthy, if we want to broker trade agreements with non-EU countries and we most definitely can’t afford a return to the troubles in NI, especially after May has made so many cut backs to our security and border control forces.

Let me clarify my position again. I think leaving the EU was the biggest mistake we ever made, however the Europeans are treating us like dirt, and that makes my blood boil, they do not deserve us, we have rebuilt the European democracies over the years and spent billions doing so and lost over a million men and women as well, how do we get repaid? Time to go alone and show the world, we will have to re-build our manufacturing industries, will have to have it hard for a few years, but we will show em.

I’m over 45 and voted to stay.
I won’t hesitate to say I told you so when it all goes ---- up.
I did as well, and think leaving was a mistake, but we should not be treated like dog sh!t and that is exactly whet they are doing to us.

well said mike. time forgetting tough with the krauts and the frogs... "they don't like it up 'Em"

No they can’t.
We made an agreement with the IRA not to have a border between NI and Eire.
By leaving the EU, we will have broken the agreement if we don’t get an agreement with the EU about having a soft border between NI and Eire.
Our other option is to allow NI to have a referendum about leaving the UK.
So, to sum it up, we either get the EU to agree a soft border between NI and Eire, we allow NI to have a referendum about leaving the UK or we stay in the EU.
Anything else will mean we have broken the Good Friday agreement, which makes the UK look bad and untrustworthy, and may mean a return to the troubles.
We can’t afford to look untrustworthy, if we want to broker trade agreements with non-EU countries and we most definitely can’t afford a return to the troubles in NI, especially after May has made so many cut backs to our security and border control forces.

I'm no political expert, so I bow to your superior knowledge. All I know, is we have no hard border at the moment. The Troubles to one side, we live comfortably with our neighbour, so I can't see any reason why the current status quo can't continue. Ireland doesn't want a hard border, nor does NI, nor I would think would the rest of the UK if asked. Worry about the tariffs & trade later.

I know its not as simple as that, but in essence thats what should take place.

Perhaps Juncker could be persuaded to walk past every white grave stone in Normandy and say a personal thank you to all the British, American and commonwealth soldiers who gave their lives so Europe could be free.

Also remind him that Britain had to borrow 120 billion to fund this and it took British tax payers 61 years to repay this, this would be the over 45's.

... we live comfortably with our neighbour, so I can't see any reason why the current status quo can't continue. Ireland doesn't want a hard border, nor does NI ...
You are spot on. My take is the Brusselites won't let this simple solution play as it demonstrates that we don't need them.

You remind me of this lovely gentleman attacking JRM children,
A typically totally intolerant lefty who thinks that they have the moral high ground yet at the same time view anybody that disagrees with them in complete contempt, in your case "All you over 45s (who had no right to decide the future for the under 45s who remain completely opposed to your selfish views)"

I’m under 45 and I voted to leave because I’m fed up with unelected bureaucrats making decisions against who I vote for in this country, I also believe that a lot of people used the Brexit vote as nothing more than an opportunity to kick the government in the b@&&ocks as a protest vote if you like against not being able to have an opinion without being labelled or frowned upon. Which goes to prove that the people in power don’t really listen to the voters, because they never for a minute believed people would vote leave or they wouldn’t have had the vote....

I’m under 45 and I voted to leave because I’m fed up with unelected bureaucrats making decisions against who I vote for in this country, I also believe that a lot of people used the Brexit vote as nothing more than an opportunity to kick the government in the b@&&ocks as a protest vote if you like against not being able to have an opinion without being labelled or frowned upon. Which goes to prove that the people in power don’t really listen to the voters, because they never for a minute believed people would vote leave or they wouldn’t have had the vote....

Can't agree with your last sentence. This question of leave/stay has been bugging this country for decades. At least Cameron had the balls to let us decided, finally.

Can't agree with your last sentence. This question of leave/stay has been bugging this country for decades. At least Cameron had the balls to let us decided, finally.
Very true he had the balls to call the vote but ran away and hid when it came to dealing with the outcome,
But I stand by my view that the establishment never believed the leavers would win and that they really underestimated the underlying resentment that some of the country had been feeling for years,
I was always a labour voter having grown up in a union members house and working as a stevedore myself for years,an historically heavily unionised job, untill Gordon brown called that woman a bigot for daring to give her view on immigration, it’s instances like those that tipped the balance in my opinion anyway.

Very true he had the balls to call the vote but ran away and hid when it came to dealing with the outcome,

Not wanting to get into party politics, but he could hardly remain as PM, when he was an avid remainer. As like now he would of been accused of not putting his full weight behind Brexit, wanting it to fail. May kept a very low profile during the debate before the vote.

Those that say "It was a silly mistake to leave" and "i told you so " etc etc - are witnessing what the EU is all about. Its their way or the highway, they have consistently ignored the will of the people in various countries and there is no wonder Greece had such a hard time. You remainers have witnessed in your lifetime a country (Greece) that has been totally shafted by Germany (EU) and will be a shell of a country for many generations and you think this is a good institution?
I said at the very beginning negotiations would be futile and we should just leave, pay no money and deal with the issues, one by one. I see no other way. e.g. NI - We wont put up a hard border, so if the EU want one thats up to ROI to deal with it not us - simple, we confuse the issue by trying to please all the people all of the time, impossible and energy sapping.

Not wanting to get into party politics, but he could hardly remain as PM, when he was an avid remainer. As like now he would of been accused of not putting his full weight behind Brexit, wanting it to fail. May kept a very low profile during the debate before the vote.

I was actually amazed that the PM so vehemently took a position on an in/out referendum. I expected the government to present both sides of the argument , i.e. upsides and downsides to both options and then leave it to the people. The PM spent all his time and money talking -------s and he got what he deserved, mistake no1, mistake no2 was to put another remainer as PM. May is upset with EUs handling of her chequers plan, but it is because she actually believes the EU will do whats best for all parties, the EU wont , never have, never will. She should come out of No10, now, state negotiations have failed, there is no deal to vote on, we leave on WTO, keep our £39B and crack on trading with ROW to replace all goods we buy from EU. Anyone fancy a KIA car, Kangeroo steak and Kiwi wine... lol

I was actually amazed that the PM so vehemently took a position on an in/out referendum. I expected the government to present both sides of the argument , i.e. upsides and downsides to both options and then leave it to the people. The PM spent all his time and money talking ******** and he got what he deserved, mistake no1, mistake no2 was to put another remainer as PM.

We allegedly run as a Democracy, people have their own views. Thats why we have politicians & different political parties, who we can align with or not. Without them having differing views, there would of been no debate, and there would of been even less people turn out & voted.

Are you seriously telling me that the over 45's had no right to vote? You sound like a right t*t, no actually you dont sound like one you're a t*t.

There are people who voted who were kids during the War where instead of playing on their Ipad they had Luftwaffe flying above them bombing the living hell out of their city while their fathers were over in Europe liberating their --- from ---- Germany and you have the damn cheek to say they have no right to vote!

Those same kids were having their freedom preserved by their own sacrifice and by the sacrifice of their parents because the alternative was slavery and poverty,it was a challenge that had to be taken on or that would have become a reality

Today sees the future of the younger generation threatened,not by the actions of another country but by its own citizens (who themselves had been saved from a different form of destruction)

This decision to leave will be so damaging for them,it can even be compared to the uncertain future the wartime youngsters faced
You have no right whatsoever to claim the heroics of those who fought in the war,I have direct understanding of what it meant to lose a close family member to that conflict

Neither does the other European countries need to grovel at our feet for the freedom this country gained for them,they were also victims of a terrible evil and suffered as much or more than perhaps most in UK

The over 45s obviously have a right to vote,what we do not have is the moral right to use that vote to change the direction of the country,perhaps for decades if not hundreds of years, when its not us who will bear the terrible consequences but our children

We are doing exactly the opposite of our protectors of world war 2,they fought for our future,we are deliberately sabotaging the future of our own children,all for the nationalist,racialist bigoted generation that we no doubt remain
Because we do not embrace the modern world and still dream the fantasy of what we once were, we put our prejudices about other countries before the well being and future of our young and its a disgrace

Finally you sound like the absolute peak of the morons who are deciding the future of our children for them

You harp back to a part of history with hate and prejudice in your heart,you are the reason there is so much division in this country,you and your racialist tones that makes the people of the UK appear anti European and especially anti German,the people who occupy those countries these days have no need to shoulder responsibility for the actions of their parents at that time

The war was not your burden,you did not carry that burden,you prey on the deaths and the suffering of those who did have to carry that burden and use your acquired hate to drive your thinking

You should be ashamed of what you wrote in your post

Des, I respect your views, but please come up with some facts to base your prophecy of doom and gloom. this country has seen record investment from overseas, even before we've left the corrupt eu. where's the evidence that we will be destitute without staying in the eu?

You sound like a right t*t, no actually you dont sound like one you're a t*t.

And you are a foul mouthed moron

Thank you Tel,I will give you the courtesy of a reply after I collect some recent facts and predictions

I also respect your view Tel
We make decisions based on a majority vote,its why I don't contest the actual vote that was taken

If the topic is brought up and the posts are all full of anti European sentiments,I see it as my obligation to state the other opinion
I genuinely believe us over 45s had no right to decide this matter whatever side of he fence we sit

Last edited:
And you are a foul mouthed moron

Thank you Tel,I will give you the courtesy of a reply after I collect some recent facts and predictions

I also respect your view Tel
We make decisions based on a majority vote,its why I don't contest the actual vote that was taken

If the topic is brought up and the posts are all full of anti European sentiments,I see it as my obligation to state the other opinion
I genuinely believe us over 45s had no right to decide this matter whatever side of he fence we sit

Why not? Is a 46 year okd not entitled a say in how he lives for maybe the next 50 years?

It really is an absurb concept.

I am under 45 by the way.

Thing is, nobody knows how this whole thing is going to pan out. So Tel might be right or Des might be right or a combination of the both. Even the most cleverest of economic experts and world leaders can't agree.

So with all due respect, lets not pretend we have got a better insight. Something like this has not happened in recent times.

problem is Des, if we only allowed under 45's to vote, we'd have a result dependent on weed smoking students who couldn't give a ---- about the future of the country as long as someone in power legalised cannabis and subsidised the cost of a new iphone.

Democracy is only democracy if everyone has a say. Everyone has had a say within reason (children quiet rightly cannot vote).

I cannot quite believe what I am hearing from Des. A typical leftist agenda of silencing the opposition.

Reply to Well I would have never thought it---- in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net