Discuss what certs are acceptable in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Farmelectrics

-
Arms
Reaction score
ok in the new year thinking of starting up on my own carrying out all aspects of electrical testing work because you dont need to be part p to carry out testing would i need to join one of the mobs niceic etc or would it be acceptable to issue the certificates that your local wholesalers sell your thoughts please

perfectly acceptable, mate. as you say, no need to be in a scam for test/inspection, unless the person ordering the inspection stipulates membership. e.g. councils and the like often stipulate niceic.

If you buy some software to do the certs, you can normally add in your business logo and make it look professional, plus then you'll be able to email PDF certs to clients.

My only question is do you think you will be able to make a living just doing inspections?

probably get loads of remedial work, but then the dreaded part p comes in.

well to be honest murdoch my ex bussiness partner is giving me the testing work as i want to for now keep my maintenace job that i have so he will do any remedial works and im just going to carrying out the testing work for him and a couple of landlords that we used to work for

Try PIRform, you can download a test version. What I like about it, is the fact that when you highlight an issue, the regs number is automatically included in the "notes"

Good luck mate, going SE is a big step. Have you thought about all the costs you will have? and when over the year they fall???

Reply to what certs are acceptable in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net