Discuss What do people charge for the first hour and for callouts in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I couldn't seem to find a recent thread relating to this but sorry if I'm repeating past posts.

Evening all,

Am I am wondering what others charge for the first hour of jobs... historically Ive charged £40 per hour regardless but have been thinking when you consider the driving to and from, re arranging jobs to get across to a job and just the overall time spent is this worth doing?

I have considered perhaps an initial hourly charge of say £65 and then £40 for each hour there after

And a call out charge for weekends and weekdays after 6 as £75 first hour £45 thereafter

Interested to see what anyone thinks

Now: £80 per call out in North LOndon. Islington is charged at £100 just because its a nightmare for traffic . Parking i pay for if i can park .If its residents only , i ask them to pay for me as a visitor etc . £55 a hour after that

Random call out where I have no idea what I will be up against it is £95 per hour

If I know the client and have done work before then £65 - £80 per hour depending on distance

My wife and her friends are all in the PT ( fitness business ) and they are charging £100 per hour for a one to one session these days

My work places uses various contractors, electricians seem to be the cheapest, at £55 first hour.

Door and window company £95, plumbing £100, fire £130, pool plant £160 and Dali lighting commissioning services £530 per day, even just the first hour.

All excluding vat. Nice work if you can get it.

I do some work for some posh old clients and the one that gets me is interior designers charging £250 for a 2hr 'Consultation' to talk paint colour and fabric choices

I couldn't seem to find a recent thread relating to this but sorry if I'm repeating past posts.

Evening all,

Am I am wondering what others charge for the first hour of jobs... historically Ive charged £40 per hour regardless but have been thinking when you consider the driving to and from, re arranging jobs to get across to a job and just the overall time spent is this worth doing?

I have considered perhaps an initial hourly charge of say £65 and then £40 for each hour there after

And a call out charge for weekends and weekdays after 6 as £75 first hour £45 thereafter

Interested to see what anyone thinks
£80 call out and £50/hr. Imo your rates are much too low. It's fine if it works for you but the problem is it has a wider impact - lower prices drives down everyone's prices. If sparks are all expensive, we all win.

I do some work for some posh old clients and the one that gets me is interior designers charging £250 for a 2hr 'Consultation' to talk paint colour and fabric choices
I came into the business through a World famous interior Designer who passed away a few weeks ago. What his team charged to visit a client was enough ! What clients had to pay for him to actually turn up was madness . But they all seemed to just want their ego's massaged and most of the money been spent must have been semi dirty in one way or another as they truly didnt care what they paid as long as they could tell everyone at Dinner etc !

Reply to What do people charge for the first hour and for callouts in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net