Discuss What if we're not MCS from now on? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Markc

-
Reaction score
The question is, what would be the out come if an installer dropped out of MCS but continued with its core business if not PV?

Would this be considered as ceased trading for the REAL assurance and a customer would need to act on the warranty insurance? Do you need MCS to continue with maintenance for example changing an inverter or panel?

Thoughts.............

Good call Mark !
As for warranty work i would hope that the company would stand this anyway .
I can not see how they can police who cleans them , but as for replacement inverters ?
Having said that do you need to register a replacement inverter or just inform the fits provider , apart from the handover pack where else do you write down any of the serial numbers .

Ive been thinking about this for a while, my thoughts are its ok for service and repair - you only need to install a system to MCS and be MCS to register for FiTs. Its like the old days when anyone could/and still can install a solar system, its just that system could not claim the FiT.

Reply to What if we're not MCS from now on? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, looking for advice from trade, as a customer. Electrician (MCS certified) has come 2nd December and wired in two home batteries and inverter...
Replies
Views
TLDR - I have a system that is supposed to have optimisers fitted, but I am not sure they have been fitted. The detail: Back in March I had a...
Replies
Views
Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, I am wondering about becoming an electrician of some form or another and thought to come to an...
Replies
Views
Renewable energy startup is seeking a Technical Co-Founder to help create a company that is both socially and financially rewarding. The...
Replies
Views
Hi, Similar'ish question to my other thread but little more info now so a different approach but sorry if duplication. UK, single phase. Just had...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock