Discuss Where to get cheap lamppost? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I could get my hands on a cheap lamppost? Looked on eBay but whatever I put in seems to come up with vintage style lamp posts, and the odd post too far far me to collect.

Any ideas would be appriciated. Doesn't need to have the lamp actually on, Just the post.

Have you got a reclaimed materials yards near you we have a couple for things like lampposts, bollards, sleepers and other bits and bobs.

Find a small village or hamlet or even a remote unobserved carpark, identify a suitable lamp post then either reverse into it slowly whilst protecting your bumper or tie rope to it half way up and drive away in first gear... attach lamp post to back of van and drive home without being seen :) dont forget to follow safe isolation though, safety is very important

Or have a look at electric center, they sell them.

lamp.JPG

Where is the OP based?
Usual sources aside,i would take a spin to a council depot,where the highways park their crane wagons,sometimes the depot where they store winter salt.

A polite questioning,may achieve a result.:)

@PEG.
There is a company five miles from me that distributes them, but as you say ; not much good if we don't know where he/she is. :)

I'm in Bradford. Or on the outskirts. Not actually in Bradford, never admit to living there. Think electric centre seem like best bet to be honest. Cheapest new I've seen so far.

Ta guys.

darkwood's in bradford. he's probably got a stash in his garage.

There's one on Norwich ring road,if you can transport it,i'l give you a hand to cut it down-Shades my panels for a good chunk of the day at this time of the year

Great stuff Kev 1n, reminds me of when I started work as delivery electrician on Norweb. One had to drive the 7.5 ton container truck. Never driven one before, garage foreman said just like a car, but first gear not needed to set off, more of a crawler gear. Delivered a cooker in a street with a camber, went to set off in second, but wouldn't move, so put it in first, bit of welly, a loud crack and we lurched forward. Top of container had been against top of concrete lamp post, which had snapped at the bottom.

Great stuff Kev 1n, reminds me of when I started work as delivery electrician on Norweb. One had to drive the 7.5 ton container truck. Never driven one before, garage foreman said just like a car, but first gear not needed to set off, more of a crawler gear. Delivered a cooker in a street with a camber, went to set off in second, but wouldn't move, so put it in first, bit of welly, a loud crack and we lurched forward. Top of container had been against top of concrete lamp post, which had snapped at the bottom.
Haha! I was actually trying to find an image of the lamp post that went through Victor Meldrews bedroom window!

Reply to Where to get cheap lamppost? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net