Discuss White goods forum - Yes or No? in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Reaction score
Do we need a white goods forum? See quite a few threads on such appliances. Perhaps a dedicated forum wouldn't go a miss?

be swamped with women asking where to put the soap in a washing machine.

Actually a good idea if-----------there is actually qualified people on here who know what they are talking about regarding dishing out advice. If a member or 2 who know what they are doing when it comes to repairing white goods then I would say it is a very good idea Dan, if not perhaps it may be worth waiting until you can confirm any advice given out is good advice, just a thought Fella.

Nobody has to prove their competence to give out advice on any other forum on here, so why should the White goods section be any different.

Do you confirm all advice is good advice already?

Last edited:
Nobody has to prove their competence to give out advice on any other forum on here, so why should the White goods section be any different.

Do you confirm all advice is good advice already?
The point is Lee this forum is browsed by a few very experienced Electricians, if bad advice is given it is usually seen quickly and jumped on regarding Electrical Installation advice, if not by the members then by the Admins who are both very experienced Electricians. The point I am making is we are lacking heavily in appliance maintenance engineers rather than Electricians so until we can confim there are these type of experienced guys on here we should be cautious.

Regarding your first comment, at one time to become an arms member you had to send a scanned copy of your grade card or show your business details via pm to prove to the team you were competant, things may be different now but there are still some good sparks here.

Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
The point is Lee this forum is browsed by a few very experienced Electricians, if bad advice is given it is usually seen quickly and jumped on regarding Electrical Installation advice, if not by the members then by the Admins who are both very experienced Electricians. The point I am making is we are lacking heavily in appliance maintenance engineers rather than Electricians so until we can confim there are these type of experienced guys on here we should be cautious.

Regarding your first comment, at one time to become an arms member you had to send a scanned copy of your grade card or show your business details via pm to prove to the team you were competant, things may be different now but there are still some good sparks here.

Regards.

I just sent them a copy of my C. I. U. card, my T. A. S. S. union card, my Musicians Union card and cheque for £10 made out to a bloke called Marvo and I was in.

(It's competEnt btw ;) )

cheque for £10 made out to a bloke called Marvo .

and you could have got away with a string of shells.

yes please. there is uk whitegoods forum on the net, but too much hassle login in there .
i regularly repair washing machins (80% hairbands stuck in the pump) , oven (broken element), kitchen hood (greasy fan).
induction hobs are easy too (mostly control switches too greasy and not condutcting anymore).

with all the tools and testers sparks have its not a complicated business...

yes please. there is uk whitegoods forum on the net, but too much hassle login in there .
i regularly repair washing machins (80% hairbands stuck in the pump) , oven (broken element), kitchen hood (greasy fan).
induction hobs are easy too (mostly control switches too greasy and not condutcting anymore).

with all the tools and testers sparks have its not a complicated business...
But surely some of it is electronic equipment which is out of the sparks skill range?

Reply to White goods forum - Yes or No? in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net