Discuss Wireless GSM Alarm system in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Victor

-
Reaction score
Hi Guys

URGENT HELP NEEDED!!

I have a client here in France who has a house in a remote location. The house has been broken into three times this year and I have been asked to install a GSM alarm with no outside or internal sounder, due to the fact that the last alarm system was just smashed off the wall.

Can anyone give me a recommendation as to a reasonable priced realiable system that can run off of its own batteries for long periods of time if necessary.

Thanks in advance for any assistance offered.

Victor

I agree - the visonic powermax is a good system , I `ve fitted two or three in the last year and the customers are all very happy, and once you work out the menu on the panel , are quite easy to set up - though I would check if its compatible with the french telephone system

What I actually need is a lithium powered wireless alarm with a telephone dialler as the house it is to protect is remote and left unoccupied for long periods of time. The other problem is that the house does not have mains electricity, but a rather complex generator/battery set up which has been known not to auto-start.

There was a Daitem system installed but that has been partly destroyed by the theives, so I do not know if just replacing the control box is a good idea or to replace the whole system with a silent alarm set-up.

Any help gratefully appreciated

I would use a panel with the comms equipment mounted remotely from the panel for added protection if they are looking to damage / disable the equipment when they break in. It may be worth considering a small solar charging panel to maintain the power to the comms and / or the alarm. As with a lot of these questions it is difficult to visualise a solution with limited info

What I actually need is a lithium powered wireless alarm with a telephone dialler as the house it is to protect is remote and left unoccupied for long periods of time. The other problem is that the house does not have mains electricity, but a rather complex generator/battery set up which has been known not to auto-start.

There was a Daitem system installed but that has been partly destroyed by the theives, so I do not know if just replacing the control box is a good idea or to replace the whole system with a silent alarm set-up.

Any help gratefully appreciated

that daitem stuff looks good,they also do a battery powered gsm signalling unit,id just replace the panel and maybe look to move it say in a loft or under a floor,also fit a separate power supply unit with some beefy batteries to power the panel instead of just the internal panel battery,fit the gsm unit and hide it away also,woundnt bother with sirens if its that remote..

I have looked into just replaceing the control panel, this seems to be the best option, as I have also looked at the spec of the existing gsm dialer and have to say it is all singing, all dancing, even allowing the keyholder or monitor to listen inside the protected premises should the alarm be activated.

Thanks for all your help, I think this has got to be the way to go even though maybe not the cheapest

Reply to Wireless GSM Alarm system in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net