Discuss Wish me luck in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Got nicked a few weeks ago for speeding, got to attend a course tomorrow, hope I pass?

I did one of those a few years ago. It was what I expected - turn up, keep your mouth shut for a couple of hours and try not to get caught in future.

Got nicked a few weeks ago for speeding, got to attend a course tomorrow, hope I pass?

From what I've heard it's more of a presentation. Pretty much an automatic pass if you just turn up and listen to what is being said. Think of it as the domestic installer assessment of the motoring world.

Cheers Guys more or less what I will expect, if it's any different I'll be down your way dishing out stick lol

Been there done that. It is worth listening to, and yes the course has slowed me down but not for the reasons you may think. The bit that has stuck with me is, if you exceed the national limit by 10mph or more your fuel consumption can increase by 25%. At 25 to 27 mpg that is a big ouch. As I say it is worth listening to and taking seriously. To pass turn with your speeding summons and driving licence, easy peasy.

I would suggest that insufficient signage on the roads is partly to blame. My last ticket was for 50 in a 40 - a wide rural road with no signs visible!

Do they charge you for the course?

Mine was 35 in a 30mph limit
OK Pete you are a respected Sparks. But 30mph is set for a reason, its a maximum, it's set for a reason. There are plenty of "cash cams" set up to collect extra revenue, but if its in a 30mph zone then just admit its irresponsible and learn the lesson matey.

OK Pete you are a respected Sparks. But 30mph is set for a reason, its a maximum, it's set for a reason. There are plenty of "cash cams" set up to collect extra revenue, but if its in a 30mph zone then just admit its irresponsible and learn the lesson matey.

Oh right and you haven't been 35 bin a 30 mph limit have you?????

Yes mate I have, and i've swallowed it and not tried to make out i've been hard done to. A guy got killed just near here a couple of years ago, totally his fault he walked out in front of a bus and some poor woman hit him doing 38 mph in the 30. But if she had been doing 28 he might have been OK. You can argue that you can justify it sometimes but in a 30 no way. Just accept your in the wrong and learn the lesson, its there for a reason.

I have had a couple long time ago, clocked at 36 mph in a 30 mph, not that I am proud of it, never got the option of a driver speed awareness course, pay your money and learn from it Pete.

I have had a couple long time ago, clocked at 36 mph in a 30 mph, not that I am proud of it, never got the option of a driver speed awareness course, pay your money and learn from it Pete.

Me too. Turned out I was 1mph over being allowed a speed awareness course and had to suck up the penalty points. The guidelines are that anything over the speed limit for the zone you are in, plus 10% of that limit, plus 2mph, and no speed awareness course is allowed.

Reply to Wish me luck in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net