• Please don't put your personal contact details in this area of the forum. These are public threads and everybody will see them. Including spammers. Even dodgy companies who cold call you. Instead of doing that, click on a persons username and click 'Start Conversation' and share those details between yourselves. :)

Discuss WTD: Weller WD soldering station in the For Sale and Wanted Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

nadger

Bit of a long shot, but as my Chinese rework station has finally given up I am in the market for a replacement

After a little research I'm leaning towards the Weller WD range, but the cost new has left me reeling!

So.... My question is, does anyone know of one for sale at a reasonable cost, or has anyone got an alternative suggestion I could look into please?

Cheers
Neil

look at cpcfarnell. they do a few at sensible prices.

Got a mate who lives a mile from the one in Leeds, he's been checking their reduced area for me but nothing yet, he got a WD1 from them for just over a ton a few months ago, the search continues...

Does it have to be a Weller WD soldering station? Maplin do a Precision Gold A55KJ Digital soldering station which is very good.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/60w-professional-lcd-solder-station-with-esd-protection-511927

Doesn't have to be Weller no, I was only steering towards the Weller after using my mates.

I will go take a peek in maplins this week

Reply to WTD: Weller WD soldering station in the For Sale and Wanted Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net