Questions and electrical advice in the UK Electrical Forum - UK Electricians Forums > Electrical Forum for UK Electrical Rules, Regulations and UK Laws. Electrical Theories, Wiring Diagrams and More. DIY and Professional Electricians are Welcome..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrical Jobs

B
Hi people, I recently installed a cooker circuit in a property. The CU has 16mm meter tails supplying it with a 60A cut out fuse. I have read...
Replies
Views
S
Chaps, Got a call to check a solid plate hob in a local council youth club... staff have had 2 belts off it. Above counter metal clad 45A switch...
Replies
Views
FAA Greenie
F
J
Have 480vac system......check voltage line to line and loosing 1 line but check line to earth ground and get 272 line to ground...
Replies
Views
Morning all. I have been asked if it is possible to change a damaged smoke that is part of a communal fire system. I can get the unit, but do not...
Replies
Views
Harni
H
Hello guys short and simple, wifi hub downstairs with weak signal reaching the 3rd floor. I have not used a booster that utilizes the final...
Replies
Views
Hope you like my tiling but im struggling to work out why shes getting shocks, ive checked the bonding and everything?
Replies
Views
P
Hi everyone, I am a translator without any background in electronics. I would really appreciate if anyone could take the time to explain these...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I'll give you a brief run down of the system before I go into the problem. At the hospital where I work we have two back up generators...
Replies
Views
Engineer54
E
I have two outdoor sockets(in poor condition) wired to two ground bedded armoured cables.The sockets are linked to one another via three...
Replies
Views
E
Ignoring the security issue for a minute, do you reckon it would damage a test meter to leave it in your van overnight where it gets cold?
Replies
Views
SYKRAPS
S
Hi guys Recently I've had a wall paper steamer plugged into my upstairs ring main and noticed after several minutes a fishy smell which was the...
Replies
Views
V
I have been asked to wire up a couple of oversink water heaters for a friend. This will however be my first install of a whole new circuit and Im...
Replies
Views
Alana Fox
A
Hi, any one used these before? Yoozybox - Plasterguards
Replies
Views
So been on an Electrical FB page, generally milling around. It’s an Australian page. A thread come up about a guy installing single core MICC for...
Replies
Views
R
morning lads just a quick question. I sent off my ECS forms last week and was wondering if any of you that have done it received any confirmation...
Replies
Views
electric bill
E
J
Hi guys, got a big(ish) industrial job installing lighting and we have had a lighting spec and plans of the building but need to come up with a...
Replies
Views
Importance is now placed on the use of RCD's. both permanently fitted in consumer units or portable plug in types. Many of the appliances used in...
Replies
Views
Engineer54
E
how do you choose suitable surge diverter/arrester in au to protect single phase residential from surge/ lightning. ie ka rating ? 20ka/40/ka, ph to e
Replies
Views
Ratings and points , or points especially on this forum , how do you score them and why are we collecting them
Replies
Views
Deleted member 104825
D
Hi I recently replaced the bottom immersion on an economy 7 cylinder. After installing I tried to test the immersion using my multi meter. The...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock