Discuss 3 bed victorian terrace rewire in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

BristolSpark

Hi Peeps

Just looking for a little advice if possible

I am intereted to establish typical amounts of cable used for various jobs on rewires.

I have a rewire to look at and price and was curious on the amounts of cable to use for pricing. Does anyone have an idea, maybe for example 3 x drums of 2.5mm, 3 x 1.5mm. plus things like 3 core, cooker and shower cables.

I have some pricing software, but I always wonder how best to judge cable amounts. I never want to under price for cable.

Any with a little advice would be great.

Also is plastic capping ok, or is it best to use oval conduit when running cable in walls or round conduit due to metal galvanised back boxes with bushes.

cheers

Mate, no idea how much cable you need - surely you could work it out by walking around the property looking at where your runs are going to go. Makes a difference if the ground floor is solid or boarded. I would say 2x2.5 and 2x1.5 would be enough for the average 3-bed house. I always use conduit rather than capping. Electricians rewiring for the 19th or 20th edition in years to come will thank you!

I use oval or round depending upon which machine is making the holes! Oval conduit for channels cut by the wall chaser for which you want to put as much cable flat and deep at minimum chase depth. And round conduit for channels cut with the sds gouger bit - eg sockets dropping a short distance behind skirting which you can't get to with the wall chaser

Hello guys just hoping to get some adivice on price for this, or ideas on what some of you may price for the same job.

TNC-s system
all chased out.
new main earth bonding/ Gas & Water
Remove all old supplies, inc switches, sockets and lights.

12 way c/u
Bathroom extractor fan
Fan switch
4 x Bathroom Downlights
Light switch
shower supply
2 x single sockets
16 x double sockets
6 x pendants
8 x 2 way switches
2 x smoke detectors
1 x heat detector
5 x switched spurs
3 spots on a pole
4 x down lights in kitchen
4 spots on a pole
Cooker supply
Combi supply spur
Kitchen extractor

I have looked at this and thought about £2680. South West area.

As an idea does this seem reasonable.

cheers

Reply to 3 bed victorian terrace rewire in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net