Discuss 3 Phase Distribution Board Dilema in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

As there is a 200A fused-switch feeding it then easy to do,

Easy enough to do yes, but that does mean shutting down the whole installation which may be more problematic.
and if 100A fuses feeding the TPN boards they should be no more likely to be blown than typical house DNO fuses, and will have total selectivity with the 200A ones.

My comments were based on not knowing if this was 2 DBs adjacent to the incomer or 2 remote DBs fed by distribution circuits.

Plus Proteus do have a reputation for making less than reliable DBs.

Happy new year all!

Furthering my dilemma... This site is due to open to the public in a couple days time and I'm told that an energy meter will not be installed for a matter of weeks. Now as the meter will most likely be CT arrangement there is nothing physically stopping me going to the main intake and switching my install on. Where does this leave me legally though? The theft act of 1968 section 13 says that dishonesty is the key factor in proving the offence. Soooo if there is no meter then we cant honestly monitor the amount of energy used and therefore cant be charged accordingly.

IDK guys
What's your thoughts?

Quite Simpley
No,No, NO.
you are not authorised to connect anything to the service head.

if the energy supplier won’t budge and can’t provide a supply before you are due to open then the only realistic option is to hire a temporary generator.

I'm confused. You started the thread talking about what was made to sound like a commercial install, then it changed to include a landlord and now the narrative is one of gates and public. What, exactly, is the nature of this installation?? And no, you can't just energise without a meter as it's not your energy.

Quite Simpley
No,No, NO.
you are not authorised to connect anything to the service head.

if the energy supplier won’t budge and can’t provide a supply before you are due to open then the only realistic option is to hire a temporary generator.

I'd imagine the penalty for dishonestly drawing 200A from a 3ph supply would be significantly greater than for stealing electricity in a domestic setting. I'd also imagine the chances of being caught are also significantly higher.

I'd imagine the penalty for dishonestly drawing 200A from a 3ph supply would be significantly greater than for stealing electricity in a domestic setting. I'd also imagine the chances of being caught are also significantly higher.
In the OP's case they are suggesting their own meter, presumably MID-compliant, until the official meter is installed so it might fail the test of dishonesty for any prosecution as they would be measuring and intending to pay for the usage.

I suspect it would still cause so much legal headache it is absolutely not worth doing!

In the OP's case they are suggesting their own meter, presumably MID-compliant, until the official meter is installed so it might fail the test of dishonesty for any prosecution as they would be measuring and intending to pay for the usage.

I suspect it would still cause so much legal headache it is absolutely not worth doing!
It wouldn't meet the legal test - it would be no different to taking money from a till and leaving an IOU note in it's place.

oh, i never spotted that they intended to install there own meter.
but, regardless it is in my opinion a BIG NO WAY.
the issues and grief involved could be huge.

Sooo the client has accepted that we don't want to be fraudulently taking electricity so that worry is out of the picture. But now basically the supplier and UKPN are now suggesting that we are to install a CT chamber somewhere adjacent to the switch fuse as seen in the photo, Is this normal? Will a meter just plonked on the wall with stuffing glands going into the switch fuse for the CTs not suffice??? why all this hassle? I'm really confused

Reply to 3 Phase Distribution Board Dilema in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net