Discuss 30kw boiler cable calculations in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

meggerlover

Hi guys just a quick check in my calculations for a quote I'm doing

15meters clipped direct

30,000w divided by 400v
= 75a per phase

im using sy cable and think 16mm 5 core is best

What you guys think

Just about every bit of kit I've ever fitted like this has had a plate on it which gives information about what it should be connected to. These can be interpreted as manufacturer's instructions and should (most likely) be taken into consideration.
Does this boiler have one?

Just about every bit of kit I've ever fitted like this has had a plate on it which gives information about what it should be connected to. These can be interpreted as manufacturer's instructions and should (most likely) be taken into consideration.
Does this boiler have one?

Pah, who needs an info plate when you're as knowledgeable as the OP?!

That SY is bugging me more than the blunder of thinking that just splitting the power rating by three gives you phase current!

There's a smorgasbord of cable choices and containment options available to the OP, 99% of them more suitable than SY!?

Err, yeah, it would, quite dramatically too.

Why the SY? You haven't gone and mistaken it as being a 'tough' flex have you?

Out if interest, what quals do you have meggerlover?

All of them according to his profile

then you need to brush up on your calculations. (hint 6mm clipped direct will just do it, but consider OCPD rating)

Reply to 30kw boiler cable calculations in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi! Once you've calculated the voltage drop in Volts - you divide by 400V for three phase right? For example: three phase 30kW appliance, 10mm...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys Any one know the current carrying capacity of a 4mm 3 core single phase sy cable ran in a 20mm pvc conduit? Not sure of the right table...
Replies
Views
Hi - just after thoughts on this please. I've been doing some testing on a 20 year old MCC. On the original EIC, Ze was reported as 0.04 R, PFC...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Victron Multiplus-II 5kVA inverter/charger with Pylontech US5000 batteries installed in my house along with a 6.8kWp PV array and...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm Currently doing my design calcs for my college project and doing the actual Zs calculation. Formula is Zs= Ze (or Zdb) + (R1+R2)...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock