Currently reading:
30kw boiler cable calculations

Discuss 30kw boiler cable calculations in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

meggerlover

Hi guys just a quick check in my calculations for a quote I'm doing

15meters clipped direct

30,000w divided by 400v
= 75a per phase

im using sy cable and think 16mm 5 core is best

What you guys think

30,000/ ( 1.732 x 400 ) = 43.3A. or a quick jobby. 30,000/3 = 10,000Watss /phase. 10,000/230 = 43.5A.

Megga im still curious is this a domestic or commercial boiler , would think domestic at that size ?? thats why i asked about the 16mm seems huge

As a gas fitter you are probably thinking of the boiler's size in terms of heat output, expressed in either kW or btu. A 30kW output boiler would be common in a domestic house. The calculation being done here is for the electrical energy (input) being drawn by the heater, in this case 30kW. In comparison a household kettle would draw about 2.2kW.

Your previous question about cable size ...... cable is measured by the cross sectional area of the conductors. 16mm is actually 16mm squared. It doesn't relate to the diameter of the cable as a whole.

As a gas fitter you are probably thinking of the boiler's size in terms of heat output, expressed in either kW or btu. A 30kW output boiler would be common in a domestic house. The calculation being done here is for the electrical energy (input) being drawn by the heater, in this case 30kW. In comparison a household kettle would draw about 2.2kW.

Your previous question about cable size ...... cable is measured by the cross sectional area of the conductors. 16mm is actually 16mm squared. It doesn't relate to the diameter of the cable as a whole.

Cheers andy

You guys should be gettin paid to teach on here lol, i find loads of guys claiming to be sparks on here but need to ask you guys for all the info,
Next door in plumbing forum unless they prove they are gassafe reged then we simply cant help them lol

Unfortunately we have no such similar scheme. The only schemes we have drag people off the streets, take their money, tell them they are electricians, and devalue our trade. All with the full backing of the govt.

Reply to 30kw boiler cable calculations in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock