Discuss 5 bed lavish house rewire price...any thoughts? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Good point!
He kept nagging me asking what I think and told him I never give ball park figures off the top of my head but he kept insisting. I said your looking at 7k AT LEAST from off the top of my head ......and obviously more if he decides he wants fancy sockets and switches. Which is when he said i was thinking more like 4k.
I'm not going to price him based on the responses I get here but just intrigued to how other sparks would price this and would it vary depending on where they are from around the country.
be really careful now wont you...

i mean dont be giving him any design/spec stuff you draw up...such as CSA of cables & proposed runs etc....
dont you show him anything like that until you know you have the job....
otherwise he will just take all that effort you have made to the poles....

- - - Updated - - -

Alrite gents! Sorry I kind of deserted my own thread after I wrote a few comments but my little cousin sister decided she wanted to see if my laptop was waterproof! dumbasss, bless her. lol

Ok so i've read all your comments and and your all right in what your saying. He thinks hes clever, thinks his flush with his 13 plate merc, and basically wants it for peanuts. It took me 3 days to go through the list and work out what the job requires material wise and labour and grand total so far was...da da da daaaaaaa....£11,800.
doesnt include
-kitchen 2nd fix (spots,leds etc) but does include s/o to a limit of 10
-cctv cameras or dvr but includes wiring
- electric shower but wiring is included
- up/down lights but wiring is included
- rear garden post lights but wiring is included
- underfloor heating

figured it would take me 7 weeks 6 days a week

told him and he said he would have to think about it and he will get back to me by the end of the week. Then the cheeky c**t asked me for the materials list and breakdown. lol i couldnt stop laughing and told him i wouldnt be willing to do that as i had spent 2 afternoons with him and his wife going through everything and my time after working everything out for him to just pass it to another company. I Cant believe the cheek of some people. people just dont want to pay atm, they just think its a case of chucking some wires in and screw a switch back. ****es me off.....i think as some of you have said already...it may pay to give this 1 a knock on the head.

sorry for the rant! :32::32:

Agree walk away, my son worked for a chancer like your guy, not worth the hastle, walk away renee

Alrite gents! Sorry I kind of deserted my own thread after I wrote a few comments but my little cousin sister decided she wanted to see if my laptop was waterproof! dumbasss, bless her. lol

Ok so i've read all your comments and and your all right in what your saying. He thinks hes clever, thinks his flush with his 13 plate merc, and basically wants it for peanuts. It took me 3 days to go through the list and work out what the job requires material wise and labour and grand total so far was...da da da daaaaaaa....£11,800.
doesnt include
-kitchen 2nd fix (spots,leds etc) but does include s/o to a limit of 10
-cctv cameras or dvr but includes wiring
- electric shower but wiring is included
- up/down lights but wiring is included
- rear garden post lights but wiring is included
- underfloor heating

figured it would take me 7 weeks 6 days a week

told him and he said he would have to think about it and he will get back to me by the end of the week. Then the cheeky c**t asked me for the materials list and breakdown. lol i couldnt stop laughing and told him i wouldnt be willing to do that as i had spent 2 afternoons with him and his wife going through everything and my time after working everything out for him to just pass it to another company. I Cant believe the cheek of some people. people just dont want to pay atm, they just think its a case of chucking some wires in and screw a switch back. ****es me off.....i think as some of you have said already...it may pay to give this 1 a knock on the head.

sorry for the rant! :32::32:

Don't believe he's got money by the house he lives in and what he has got parked on the drive. He may be clever because he is using some one else's money to buy it and living beyond his means but that is how the country is in the mess it is in now people living on easy money with no means of repaying it

Reply to 5 bed lavish house rewire price...any thoughts? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net