Discuss 5 bed lavish house rewire price...any thoughts? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

will do it for 3k... plus materials cost. 1.5k in materials very very rough estimate.
2 weeks 8 till 6 works get a mate on a day rate to do hard work.

£8000 having a laugh in east london cowboy land :-(

if you say its 6 weeks work then quote him what you think you need for 6 weeks work. tell him to pay for materials, you order from your supplier who collects payment on delivery, supplier adds 15% to your usual price, then they credit your account with the 15%. totally legal and legit way of supplying materials, you dont take a risk on not getting paid for materials.
you then set out exactly what your quote is for and stipulate what your rates are for extras.

i didnt read all the list, but from the length of it id say more than 6 weeks work, 9k plus for total cost including the materials

4k for all that work I would walk away, u would not make anything, and am sure he will change things around like they do. am sure the polish guys will do it for 3 k lol

I'm guessing this "Client" is a solicitor, accountant or doctor.

Work out your price, then double it and when he twists drop it a bit like you're doing him a big favour. If he still twists knock it down a bit more if he pays 50% up front, and just play him for the mug he thinks you are.

if he's a solicitor, quote hourly rate of £175.

Hope your joking at 3k and 2 weeks . if not i hope they have only let you out for a weekend !!!!
will do it for 3k... plus materials cost. 1.5k in materials very very rough estimate.
2 weeks 8 till 6 works get a mate on a day rate to do hard work.

£8000 having a laugh in east london cowboy land :-(

i refused to pay mine when he said he couldn't fix it for me to leave my overdraft to the ex.

4K for all that! He's having a laugh.

I'm doing a job next week for a 5 bedroom/bedsit. Each with own supply (4 x 10mm, 1 x 16mm T&E) and each with there own token meter (supplied) and on their own 6 way CU. 4-6 skts in each, 1 or 2 lights on a one way, cooker point (plug top only) and one room has a 7.5Kw shower and I'm charging £3.5k with materials (without the shower)

The builder says (and I've got it in writing) that he will rip out any walls I need, box in any cables that I need and repair all walls and floor boards as he is doing a good amount of work in each room. Just short of two weeks work with a mate for 3-4 days on first fix.

£4k.......... walk away and do some other quotes for people that understand the value of our trade and skills. He's probably spent more than £4k on a TV and laptop! Your work increases the value of his house by about £12k-£15k!!!!!

PS The builder has paid me half the money up front because this is the first time I've worked for him. Cover your back mate.

Makes you wonder what budget the client has got the builder on

By the time you factor in the associated "Wouldn't it be nice if variations" from the client the extras could come to more than £4K

Pricing this job would require such a detailed quotation to ensure you don't get shafted is it worth it if you do take it on at the right price get a triplicate book and any variations or extras are noted in it with date and time and signed for by the client these should by priced and the client informed of any cost increase or savings as you go when the client signs for the variation give them a copy but make sure you keep the signed original just in case there are any arguments over getting paid and it goes legal

I'm doing one at the mo, very similar to this except pendants in most rooms, spotlights in some rooms. Wire and labour, spots and white switches about 18k+ extras.

jobs like this are a lot if hassle. Builders don't drop ceilings to save money, then decide to drop when they realise the ceilings are crap. We then have to go back measure up spot positions, rewire some cables as some fool has damaged them.

Glad we over priced to compensate for headaches we get from these job.

Had enough if this sort if work. Builders getting greedy and think you owe them!!!

How I see is they owe me for agreeing to take on there job and work around them

He could do a lot worse than Tidyboiler she's a great lass to have around.

She thinks just like a bloke, acts just like a bloke and is a stunning looking lass. :)

Sounds like my missus..

Reply to 5 bed lavish house rewire price...any thoughts? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net