Discuss 5 yearly fixed wire testing in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
A client is asking about fwt and they want 20% done each year, the building is now 5 years old, where in the regs does it state that 20% testing is allowed, as the grey area is the last 20% would then be 9 years out of date and not 5.

They can ask for the whole installation to be tested as they are paying for it,But this is of course reflected in the price that has been quoted.

As the saying goes you get what you pay for.

Last edited:
We have a few jobs were we test 20% annually as some clients want to spead their costs out over the 5 years. All in all the installation is fully tested in a 5 year period.

IMO I wouldnt worry about the last 20% at least they are starting aa PIR,PPM regime its surprising how many places "forget" about the 5 yr test

Reply to 5 yearly fixed wire testing in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, I had an eicr done in 2021and it passed with four C3 items. They recommend next test date to be in 3 years instead of 5 on the certificate...
Replies
Views
I got a TEXT message (i dont know them and i cant find out who they are from the phone number) "Hi speaking from Indeed Are you available to give...
Replies
Views
I live in a warehouse condo, converted about 20 years ago. The building dates to about 1870 but with the conversion, all of the electrical was...
Replies
Views
I am installing 9 LED downlights each with an RGB bulb in (i will try attach pictures on them) - anyway I have been told that they need to be...
Replies
Views
Well....wiring in a 1750s thatched cottage attic, not wiring made from thatch 🤪 One we have been letting for over 20 years (as well as enjoying...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock