Discuss 9.5kw shower in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

BD10NER

hello again guys, bloody nephew has changed his mind again and now ordered a 9.5kw leccy shower from triton
he has told me he spoke to a chap in city electrical factors and the chap told him he needs to get 16mm cable
which he has gone and done at a cost of £60 for 12m, i mean i'm not a sparky by any means but surely wouldn't
a 9.5kw run off 6mm/10mm cable, he's wanting to buy parts hoping to save on cost when sparky come to wiere
and route the cable.

Don't take this the wrong way, but all your "nephew" needs to do, is call in a registered, competent electrician and get a professional job done.

love to see 16mm go in the terminals on the shower and isolator. Top marks for CEF boosting sales figures.
Its a shame that the public treat all sparks like builders that are out to rob them blind when it will always be cheaper in the long run to get us in first.

I don't think you should be taking electrical installation advice from some one that works behind a counter.

Unless the cable run is really really long then you would need no more than a 10mm2 cable fora 9.5kw shower. It sounds like you need some professional help I'm sure there is some one on this forum that is local to you and may be able to offer there services.

tell him the best thing to do with that 16mm is tie one end to the top of the banisters..................make a running noose in the other end.............................

Plus if you got a spark in they would have got the cable at a much better price! Wholesalers love to overcharge cash sales to non trade persons.

Last edited:
I've told him to stop p.....g about and just get the sparky that is apparently going to do the wiring, to just get on with it
and stop trying to save a few quid...having said that i can't imagine CEF refunding the cost of that 16mm cable ..lol
he clearly hasn't listened to a word i've told him from the adviser i got from ye guys..

With all respect mate (and better to come and ask advice in here n all)....thats what happens when you "go to it" without really knowing how....an expensive choice that length of 16mm...........would have been better off getting a sparks in to do it right (and on price) for you.....I seem to remember saying this before to you in here..........

and 6mm clipped direct is ample for 9.5kW. as long as the run is <20yards. last week i had to go back to 1 i had installed as 1 of the switch terminals had burnt a little. only been in 15 years.

BD10....Is that bradford?...If so I can pm you my boss`s number and we will come and have a look at it for you or I will pm you my number and you can ring me....if you want and we`l have a look at it for you and give you a price ...to do it right...notified...the lot mate..

yes mate, thats when i decided and told him what was best, then he changed his mind and was getting a mixer shower, next thing he's gone and done this...serves him right to be honest.

send him to B&Q. galvanized watering can £8.99 and 50p for a piece of string to pull and tilt the can. job sorted for under a tenner.

Reply to 9.5kw shower in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net