Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

3. Forum for Trainees.

If you are a trainee and haven’t already applied to join our trainee forum then click HERE The trainee forum is a closed area of the forum where the Forum Mentors will freely share their vast experience within the industry. 

Dismiss Notice

Discuss Ade optima compact fault in the New Member Introductions area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Neil anthony Scott

Neil anthony Scott New EF Member

Hi
    Can anyone help.
    I have fitted a new bellbox to my optima compact panel every thing ok with that but my exit and entry on zone 1 as stoped working ,can i use a different zone to use as a exit and entry zone by swapping the wires over.If i do a chime test zone 1 does chime when opening the doors .Can anybody advice .
    Thanks
    Neil

2. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Respected Member

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    possibly wants the entry/exit timers resetting.

• Like Like x 1
  3. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear still kicking sand, before pushing up daisies . Electrician's Arms

to do that you have to go into engineers set up ,my advice is to try and find why you can not use zone 1 for E/E . was the E/E on zone one in the beginning .

4. TJ Anderson

TJ Anderson Forum Mentor

Try engineers mode. Factory code is 9999 with alarm unset.

LCD Keypad

Select using ^ button

Set up programs

Program 1

Program edit

Timed zones (check zone 1 one is yes), use button 1 to toggle

Entry time 01 = 10 secs 02= 20 secs etc

Exit time... as above

X to go back and exit engineers mode

5. Neil anthony Scott

Thanks for the replys .
    Yes zone 1 it was used as a E/E before.
    My panel is the led panel older version so there is no lcd display .I did try to change the setting on zone 1 to timed but no change instead i have now got timed in zone 3 on my pir's .can i not just swap the wires into that zone 3 as i know it is timed and use another zone for the pir 's

6. TJ Anderson

TJ Anderson Forum Mentor

Something is not right if you cant put timed on Zone 1..

But in answer to your question, yes, just swap the zones around in the panel if it will only work entry/exit on zone 3.

7. Neil anthony Scott

Thanks guys .
    But at the moment i can set and unset the system.
    I am going on holiday so i am going to leave it as it is until i get back because it is doing its job ,but i will try to swap things around when i come home and if no joy i will get back to you .
    Thanks again you have been a great help