Discuss Ade optima compact fault in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi
Can anyone help.
I have fitted a new bellbox to my optima compact panel every thing ok with that but my exit and entry on zone 1 as stoped working ,can i use a different zone to use as a exit and entry zone by swapping the wires over.If i do a chime test zone 1 does chime when opening the doors .Can anybody advice .
Thanks
Neil

I have fitted a new bellbox to my optima compact panel every thing ok with that but my exit and entry on zone 1 as stoped working ,can i use a different zone to use as a exit and entry zone by swapping the wires over.If i do a chime test zone 1 does chime when opening the doors .Can anybody advice .
to do that you have to go into engineers set up ,my advice is to try and find why you can not use zone 1 for E/E . was the E/E on zone one in the beginning .

Try engineers mode. Factory code is 9999 with alarm unset.

LCD Keypad

Select using ^ button

Set up programs

Program 1

Program edit

Timed zones (check zone 1 one is yes), use button 1 to toggle

Entry time 01 = 10 secs 02= 20 secs etc

Exit time... as above

X to go back and exit engineers mode

Thanks for the replys .
Yes zone 1 it was used as a E/E before.
My panel is the led panel older version so there is no lcd display .I did try to change the setting on zone 1 to timed but no change instead i have now got timed in zone 3 on my pir's .can i not just swap the wires into that zone 3 as i know it is timed and use another zone for the pir 's

Thanks for the replys .
Yes zone 1 it was used as a E/E before.
My panel is the led panel older version so there is no lcd display .I did try to change the setting on zone 1 to timed but no change instead i have now got timed in zone 3 on my pir's .can i not just swap the wires into that zone 3 as i know it is timed and use another zone for the pir 's

Something is not right if you cant put timed on Zone 1..

But in answer to your question, yes, just swap the zones around in the panel if it will only work entry/exit on zone 3.

Thanks guys .
But at the moment i can set and unset the system.
I am going on holiday so i am going to leave it as it is until i get back because it is doing its job ,but i will try to swap things around when i come home and if no joy i will get back to you .
Thanks again you have been a great help

Reply to Ade optima compact fault in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net