Discuss AM I BEING TAKEN FOR A RIDE Continued....................... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

didn't you know????? Ming's Minions have ousted Emperor Zegg and now Scouser Soldiers rule the Empire. ( if you want Zegg's crown jewels back, they're in Toxteth pawn shop).

i'd like a lady present, gift wrapped for xmas.

Economy 7, these tests can be done dead. And on there certificate they can put a limitation because the live test cannot be done due to no power in the day. Need more information about FCU. Is there a broken knock out impeding the ip rating. In lame terms is there a hole around the box

I think there is a join. Yes so that could be it.

Where is this house Surrey Girl and does anyone really use Eco 7 anymore?
they probably do in southern softie land. up here we just put a T shirt on over the vest.

download.jpg

Where is this house Surrey Girl and does anyone really use Eco 7 anymore?

I do not know if it is used much now a days but I have to say it is very efficient and keeps the flat lovely and warm all day long. I am sure they are still used though as you can buy very modern ones now, slim line etc. I do not have gas and actually gas terrifies the wits out of me. Too many explosions for my liking. But if I did have gas put in they would have to put pipes in all around the sides down near the floor. I saw my neighbours and it looked awful with copper pipes everywhere and I do not know what kind of nightmare it would be renting a place out with gas. I am finding it a hassle with electricity never mind gas and I would have to have a yearly safety certificate done on top of the electrics.

As a rental lots of people view electric heated houses as an added expense, gas wide it means a full install and a yearly check, depends on the returns on the property if its worth the expense.

Maybe a 3 year council rent might be an option.

As a rental lots of people view electric heated houses as an added expense, gas wide it means a full install and a yearly check, depends on the returns on the property if its worth the expense.

I have underfloor heating as well, however Economy 7 is cheap to run and that can be used when the weather is not so cold. The underfloor heating is wonderful.

No it wouldnt be worth the expense. I hate gas, it frightens me.

Is that what he needs to do an R1 and an R2!
Yes an R1 and R2 is a resistance reading of the Phase conductor (Live wire) and the CPC Circuit Protective Conductor (earth wire) in order to prove that they are continuous and electrically sound, of a radial circuit, not to be con fused with a RFC Ring Final Circuit or ring main as they used to be called, which is a completely different testing procedure.
Whilst he is carrying out this simple test, it would be a simple job to do an IR test (Insulation Resistance Test) Why on earth he couldn't do these tests is beyond me, an hours at most, the man is a pretender masquerading as an electrician, should be stripped of his screwdrivers and beaten with 6 2.5mm2 cables joined together, with Wago connectors on the end.

Yes an R1 and R2 is a resistance reading of the Phase conductor (Live wire) and the CPC Circuit Protective Conductor (earth wire) in order to prove that they are continuous and electrically sound, of a radial circuit, not to be con fused with a RFC Ring Final Circuit or ring main as they used to be called, which is a completely different testing procedure.
Whilst he is carrying out this simple test, it would be a simple job to do an IR test (Insulation Resistance Test) Why on earth he couldn't do these tests is beyond me, an hours at most, the man is a pretender masquerading as an electrician, should be stripped of his screwdrivers and beaten with 6 2.5mm2 cables joined together, with Wago connectors on the end.

I am with you all the way Pete. I will stand behind you and cheer you on!

Reply to AM I BEING TAKEN FOR A RIDE Continued....................... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net