Discuss AM I BEING TAKEN FOR A RIDE Continued....................... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Well here are the observations

3.5 water bonding in place but readings of 0.44 were taken C2
3.6 Couldnt be found
4.3 Plastic CU C3
4.15 The shower circuit is a 10mm t&e on a B50a MCB,
this could be downsized to a b40a or B32a C3
5.11.3 not present for circuit 1 and 2 C3
6.2.2. the isolater for the is in the kitchen C3
7.1 the top surface is not IP rated along the entire length C2
7.1 the order of circuits in the CU could be changed to a
better order C3
Kitchen cupboard, fcu not ip rated on top surface C2
Kitchen cupboard wiring is showing signs of age
and should ideally be replaced relatively soon, this
could include a partially rewire of the kitchen to remove
JB and tidy up the wiring C3

I have no idea to what cupboard they are referring to! or is it the box that contains the fuses!

I will make a bit of a guess at some of those.

"the top surface is not IP rated along the entire length". Is it in reference to the top of you consumer unit having holes in it that a finger could go into (don't test it with your finger)?

"Kitchen cupboard, fcu not ip rated on top surface C2". Do you have under counter lighting ? This may be connected to a Fused Connection Unit that has holes in or is damaged.

Could you ask the electrician to physically point out the faults as you aren't clear on what it means.

Also post as many photos of your installation as you can.

No, I do not have any under counter lighting at all. The only thing I can think of is that he is referring to the airing cupboard where there are some switches ie the timer and the switch for the electric fans as well as the switch for the electric towel rail in the bathroom. Yes I will ask for photographs as you have said. Good idea.

Yes I think he is referring to the consumer unit. The original electrician who put in the underfloor heating put the new unit - is it also called a meter unit! - inside the old box! hence perhaps there is a space, although I didnt see one I must say. However I am happy for them to change that, although I have no idea what the 7.1's are. I looked them up on google and it seems to refer to cabling in the manual!

Because a lot of what he said seemed dodgy to say the least and he wanted to put in a cable from the Economy 7 through the lounge because he said that he could not test the cable for the economy 7 because he could not see it, so that sounded odd to me and so I posted on here and after that I met up with him and he removed some of the things he said were wrong. If can I help it I do not want a cable running through the lounge and why could he not test it. It all seemed strange so I wanted to get a second opinion and this electrician has come up with completely different issues! which is more then confusing to say the least.

I was hoping for a clear safety certificate as I got the electrician in who put in the underfloor heating in the first place to rectify some of the issues. I was only wanting this one to test the economy 7 which he failed to do because he said he ran out of time.

I was hoping for a clear safety certificate as I got the electrician in who put in the underfloor heating in the first place to rectify some of the issues. I was only wanting this one to test the economy 7 which he failed to do because he said he ran out of time.

"Ran out of time..." What did you pay the guy to test? Everything?

ran out of time means I don't have a clue and "escaped"

Well this is what they said to me in an email and I quote "

I have to apologise but the Eco 7 board was not tested due to time constraints. I have been made aware it was in the email you sent over initially and it should of been tested. I can only apologise for this and ensure it will be tested on our return".

I am sure you are right that he didnt have a clue like the first one and so that is why he came up with the idea of putting a clonking great thick cable running along the wall of the lounge into the kitchen

the problem here is obvious. you have been using the "services" of southern electricians, whereas a northern sparks would have had this sorted before noon, been in the pub for 1.00pm, and home in time to clout the sprogs on their return from their community service.

the problem here is obvious. you have been using the "services" of southern electricians, whereas a northern sparks would have had this sorted before noon, been in the pub for 1.00pm, and home in time to clout the sprogs on their return from their community service.
Southern sparks are holidaying in the Caribbean over Christmas and the New Years and should be back in time for Easter.

they like to roll up are sleeves up north, not down south.
upload_2017-12-13_13-13-23.png
just pansies.

Reply to AM I BEING TAKEN FOR A RIDE Continued....................... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net