Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss Anyone got a Chilton Dual Voltage Shaver Socket in good cosmetic condition and workin in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. patandmary

patandmary Guest

Hello all,

First post. I know this isn't eBay but am trying to find a Chilton Dual Voltage Shaver socket in good cosmetic condition and working to replace one that doesn't work in my bathroom. The hole in the wall is a different size from thatr used by sockets today so need a direct replacement.

Any ideas? Can pay up to £20. Small photo of what one looks posted too.

Attached Files:

2. supasparxs

supasparxs Electrician's Arms

Re: Anyone got a Chilton Dual Voltage Shaver Socket in good cosmetic condition and wo

welcome to the forum,
    sorry that's not the sort of thing I keep as spares

3. patandmary

patandmary Guest

Re: Anyone got a Chilton Dual Voltage Shaver Socket in good cosmetic condition and wo

Thanks for the speedy reply! One went on eBay for £3.50, but just missed it by days!

4. The Ranger

The Ranger Guest

have a nice stainless plate cut to cover the hole and accept a new sized one shouldn't cost that much!

5. patandmary

patandmary Guest

That would work if the new ones are smaller than this one but I went up the shop and they said that I would have to cut a hole in the brick work to accommodate a new-style box behind it. (I'm not an electrician, by the way...)

6. The Ranger

The Ranger Guest

MK do a single gang one which is smaller than that one!!

7. Flyingsparks

Flyingsparks Regular EF Member

Not seen one of those for years- good look with your seach

8. patandmary

patandmary Guest

Thanks everyone for the posts. especially the fact the MK make a smaller one. Will investigate...

9. lights-camera-a

lights-camera-a Guest

I have a Chilton shaving light with dual voltage socket if you havnt got sorted yet

10. patandmary

patandmary Guest

Hi,

No, haven't sourced one yet. Is the one you have the same as pictured in the thread? If so, would like to buy it from you.

Let me know how much you want.

I can't send you a private message as I don't have enough posts!

Best

Pat

11. lights-camera-a

lights-camera-a Guest

Hi Pat,
    Sorry, no, this one is a fluorescent light and dual power shaving socket combined.
    Didn’t see your photo first time..

12. YoungBart

YoungBart Trusted Advisor